Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyone ever replaced the axel push nuts with pins?  (Read 1159 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Has anyone ever replaced the axel push nuts with pins?
« on: March 31, 2016, 04:01:22 AM »
I have an OTG that is primarily just for travel now, to save space removing the wheels from the axel would be ideal but regular removal and reinstall of the push nuts is not ideal. Has anyone ever drilled holes in the axel and used pins to hold wheels instead?

Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Has anyone ever replaced the axel push nuts with pins?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 04:31:19 AM »
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 04:55:48 AM »
You could easily thread the axle ends and add a wing nut or something like that as another option.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 06:05:22 AM »
You could easily thread the axle ends and add a wing nut or something like that as another option.

I've always wanted to do this. I hate those push nuts but I get why they are used.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791