Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Performer Bowl Tabs  (Read 1573 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Weber Performer Bowl Tabs
« on: March 24, 2016, 12:51:23 PM »
Has anyone broken off the tabs on the bowl of a Weber Performer kettle that are used to attach it to the frame and then bolted them onto a new bowl?
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Performer Bowl Tabs
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 01:32:08 PM »
Welded, right? I don't know if anyone's done it. My guess is that it would harm the donor bowl (which probably isn't a concern.) If it were me I'd more inclined to just find some workable stainless steel bracket and then bolt that to the new one.

Keep in mind that sometimes you can buy new Performer bowls from Weber or ereplacements.com, even some discontinued ones.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 04:31:33 PM »
I have.  There are two or three spot welds on each side of the bracket. 

Drill them out with small bit.
Pry bracket away from bowl.
Finish with dremel or hack saw.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »

I have.  There are two or three spot welds on each side of the bracket. 

Drill them out with small bit.
Pry bracket away from bowl.
Finish with dremel or hack saw.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit