Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is it heresy...  (Read 6791 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: Is it heresy...
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »
I like the dark plastic on some kettles, i do like the hooks on the newer handles, i do have wood handles on some of my older kettles.  I will say the light colored handles on some of my kettles look terrible and will get replaced as soon as possible!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 06:18:14 PM »
I had the same mindset as Troy for the longest time that the plastic's looked more modern and sharp compared to the crappy looking wood ones I had seen on old craigslist grills. It wasn't until I joined the forum and saw what the wood handles looked like new, that I realized how classy they make the kettles look.
@zavod44 Actually Brian, the only material I could think of that may look cooler on the kettle would be Elk horn or Sanbar stag. Have you ever worked with those materials for a handle? I think I would definitely be interested in a set, although I know that those materials can get pricey.
SMOKE THIS!!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2015, 06:35:28 PM »
I had the same mindset as Troy for the longest time that the plastic's looked more modern and sharp compared to the crappy looking wood ones I had seen on old craigslist grills. It wasn't until I joined the forum and saw what the wood handles looked like new, that I realized how classy they make the kettles look.
@zavod44 Actually Brian, the only material I could think of that may look cooler on the kettle would be Elk horn or Sanbar stag. Have you ever worked with those materials for a handle? I think I would definitely be interested in a set, although I know that those materials can get pricey.

@Cochise

What about "beef rib" ?

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/out-west-we-call'em/msg27571/#msg27571
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Cochise

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 06:43:12 PM »
@1buckie LOL!! For a moment I thought you had found Fred Flintstones old sabertooth tiger bone handed kettle on craigslist Buckie!
SMOKE THIS!!

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 07:47:45 PM »
I thought the plastic handles looked fine on my newer kettle but the lid handle is not comfortable to grip with high heat.  I had been debating on giving the wood handles a try to see if they would be cooler to the touch and well this happened...  I have wood ones now and can confirm they are cooler to the touch  8)