Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Arrivals from Maine  (Read 1232 times)

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
Arrivals from Maine
« on: July 16, 2015, 04:49:53 AM »
I've been having a hard time finding good lump charcoal around me.  It seems all the stores have decided to only carry 1 brand.  A brand that was good but the last 4 or 5 bags I've had have been terrible.  So I broke down and ordered some Wicked Good Charcoal again.  It just came late last night, so no pics inside the bag yet, but I plan on doing a product review of it.  I got one of each of what they offer now.  Supposedly the Jake's Blend is even denser and harder than the Weekend Warrior Blend.  Which could be insane considering how dense and hard the Weekend Warrior Blend usually is.  I mean other than Binchotan the Weekend Warrior is the only charcoal I've ever had that gave off that metallic clang when tapped together.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 04:51:46 AM by Johnpv »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Arrivals from Maine
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 04:52:11 AM »
Let us know how you like it, interesting the names, Weekend Warrior and Jake's Blend

Let us know how you like it, I had a bag of Weekend warrior once and was not impressed at all, not as impressed as Nakedwhiz.com
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:46:22 AM »
I love the Weekend Warrior - fortunately, some of the Ace stores here offer it.  Never seen the Jake's Blend.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 11:23:06 AM »
I'm hoping to try to get a product review write up done this weekend on it.  We'll see how far I get with that.  The Jake's Blend is new and they describe it on their site as being denser than the weekend warrior, so we'll see. 

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 09:52:34 PM »
They used to have a competition blend. I wonder if that is now Jakes.