Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Someone was sloppy w/ the swirl. Pollock drunk again, maybe?  (Read 1119 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
 :)

Now that I've had this treasure for about 11 months,  ::) ::) ::) I figure it's about time to give it the attention it deserves. 

Felt like an anthropologist when cleaning the gunk from inside the bowl revealed what at first I thought I was a scratch, but was over-spray. Then there was more and more...

Do we know what inspired this paint job? Jackson Pollock died in Aug of '56. It would be cool if it was done in his honor.

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: Someone was sloppy w/ the swirl. Pollock drunk again, maybe?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »
I was born in August of '56 - three days before his passing. Kettle karma would suggest I should own this kettle.  ;)

No, really, thanks for digging into a proper restore and recording the process. Think of the stories of each layer you remove. Generations of stories. No NIB/NOS kettle of any age hold the kinds of tales a beauty like this can tell.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:15:28 PM by MartyG »

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: Someone was sloppy w/ the swirl. Pollock drunk again, maybe?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 05:33:07 PM »
I was born in August of '56 - three days before his passing. Kettle karma would suggest I should own this kettle.  ;)

No, really, thanks for digging into a proper restore and recording the process. Think of the stories of each layer you remove. Generations of stories. No NIB/NOS kettle of any age hold the kinds of tales a beauty like this can tell.

as a believer in destiny, cosmic distillation and otherwordly things, i must agree!

and so, with at least as much happiness as sadness, i hereby transfer ownership of this incredible treasure to...

ding ding ding goes the alarm clock.  ;)

as i was cleaning it i was thinking man, some of this might be 100% USDA beef grease from the year I (we) was born! ...thinking of a '55 chevy in the driveway, a baseball game on the transistor and a gyrating 16 yr old in cutoffs doing the hula hoop....

ding ding ding.... 8)

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers