Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Do legs go both ways?  (Read 2062 times)

Kap1492

• Happy Cooker
Do legs go both ways?
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:58:43 PM »
I have an extra bowl from a one touch platnium that I want to ad legs to. I came across a 1988 OTS 18.5" that I picked up on CL FOR $20. Will the legs and triangle work for a 22" or are they too small?

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Re: Do legs go both ways?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
The legs might be the same length, but the triangle will be too small.  I once bought a used 22 that had an 18 lower unit, and it looked like a little kid who needed to pee.
One of the charcoal people.

Kap1492

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 02:17:18 AM »
Do the triangles look the same on both the 18 and 22? Rason I ask is I have seen pictures of 18's and they have a triangle with just a few bars, one down the middle to be exact. The one I picked up has several bars inside the triangle. I will try and load a pic. Do you have a rough dimensions of the 22 triangle.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 03:55:22 AM »
Do the triangles look the same on both the 18 and 22? Rason I ask is I have seen pictures of 18's and they have a triangle with just a few bars, one down the middle to be exact. The one I picked up has several bars inside the triangle. I will try and load a pic. Do you have a rough dimensions of the 22 triangle.

Those single bar versions are from the old economy models from the 90's. Standard 18 and 22 triangles have the three bars and 26 has four. But as Mike said they're not the same size.
Growing family = growing kettles!

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 09:36:09 AM »
The legs might be the same length, but the triangle will be too small.  I once bought a used 22 that had an 18 lower unit, and it looked like a little kid who needed to pee.

This made me laugh so loud the people in my office think I'm crazy.  Well... they already did, but still.

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 01:01:35 PM »
I should add that the economy kettles were alive and well into the 00's and maybe beyond? They have the one bar triangle and only one bowl handle. And before 2000 they had daisy wheel bowl vents rather than the one touch system.
Growing family = growing kettles!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 05:22:00 PM »

This made me laugh so loud the people in my office think I'm crazy.  Well... they already did, but still.

Well I grew up in Rockford, @effinUker so maybe we share a sense of humor.  Glad it gave you a laugh!
One of the charcoal people.

Kap1492

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 05:35:34 PM »
So I alled to a rep from Weber and she said they are the same size triangles for the 18 & 22 models. I will have to just see when I clean them up if they look odd. Wouldn't be the first time I got conflicting infro from Weber.