Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Where is the 2015 Model Year Date Code  (Read 1477 times)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Where is the 2015 Model Year Date Code
« on: April 13, 2015, 03:12:17 PM »
Howdy fellow grillers,

I'm up in Portland (OR) for a few days watching the grandkids baby (a yippy doggie) and I just happened to swing by the local Portland Barbeque shop (yeah, just happened).  I wanted to show my wife the actual size of the Weber Ranch  ;).  They didn't have a floor model, but I noticed that every floor model they did have for the 2015 model year was unstamped with a model year code?  I've been reading this forum for a month or two now and hadn't heard that the latest model(s) were sans a datecode.

I also asked about the ability of a major 'Weber BBQ dealer' to 'talk' Weber HQ into drop shipping some of the non-US color kettles this way.  There response was an emphatic "They tell us that this is what we offer in the US, and this is what you get".

Yesterday, I also picked up a nearly new Roti mounting bracket in town here.  A 22 black OTG for $50.  The original owner said he'd only used it two or three times (like I've heard that before), but when I saw it I had to agree.  It has the 'AH' date Code as expected.  Once I get it home I'll re-clean it, mount my black Roti, and burn it in.

Larry T (aka Smoke'n Joe)

"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Where is the 2015 Model Year Date Code
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:06:46 PM »
Hey there, Larry ... nice deal on that 2014, last of the "OTG" (now called OKP)!

With the 2015 model year they went to serial numbers (I think) but don't ask me where they'd be located.

And yes, they of course won't sell other models here as an exception. If they aren't included in a region's list it won't happen.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 07:22:51 PM »
The serial numbers are on the lid vents like the date codes.
Growing family = growing kettles!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:34:06 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I'll definitely look for a S/N next time I get into a BBQ shop.

Smoke'n Joe
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 03:31:07 AM »
The letters are smaller than the previous vent codes, and mine begin with CU, and then like 5 or 6 numbers.
Growing family = growing kettles!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 04:53:28 AM »
CN####### = 2013
CS####### = 2014
CU####### = 2015

It should be printed (not stamped) in smaller print and is usually about the same spot as the old date codes.

;)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:56:30 AM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E