Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Charcoal Tool  (Read 5370 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Charcoal Tool
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 04:48:23 AM »
... I either dump my ash into my large bucket or ...

How large is large? With my SJ I wind up spilling ash on the ground because some ash is inside the bowl, some is in the ash pan. Same problem with my SJP because removing the ash pan is a PITA.

Somewhat ironically I haven't yet seen the benefit of the WSM scoop for the WSM since all the ash there is collected in one spot and it's easy to just dump it all ... in a bucket.

I know I'm doing something wrong.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2014, 07:07:27 AM »

Free Image Hosting

and an oven mitt for the grates
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2014, 02:48:38 PM »
I picked this up for $0.99, when Target had them on clearance recently. It's great for moving around the charcoal baskets, adjusting the coals and lifting the hot grate. I was using my grill brush before I got this.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 06:00:35 PM »

On the only daisy-wheel I've ever used, and now still have, I employ a skinny version of that to poke through the intakes during a cook in case they get clogged with ash. Usually preceded by me walking around the yard for 3 minutes to find the *perfect* tool.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 07:13:19 AM »
best find I`ve ever made  99 cent grill brush from harbor freight http://www.harborfreight.com/steel-bristle-brush-38491.html

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 06:09:24 AM »
For the charcoal I use tongs like other folks and for the grates or other such things I have a nomex glove that looks sorta like this that I use.  It's good to like 485 degrees.  I used to use a pair of welders gloves but this definitely retards the heat way, way more.