Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does Weber Make Custom Kettles?  (Read 3631 times)

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
Re: Does Weber Make Custom Kettles?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »
If I was the marketing person for Weber, I would be all over this idea.

Imagine:

From the company that changed outdoor grilling forever, Weber brings you the ability to create your own design!  For the first time ever, use our new online tool to choose your favorite color and even upload your own logo or design!  Flat color not your style? Choose several colors and fade them into each other. Or use one of our drizzle effects. Finally, choose your size, cooking grate and ash pan style. Your Weber, your way.

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 05:54:14 AM »
That's probably not that far off, but only for the overseas market...........  The US just gets black.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 07:53:54 AM »
If I was the marketing person for Weber, I would be all over this idea.

Imagine:

From the company that changed outdoor grilling forever, Weber brings you the ability to create your own design!  For the first time ever, use our new online tool to choose your favorite color and even upload your own logo or design!  Flat color not your style? Choose several colors and fade them into each other. Or use one of our drizzle effects. Finally, choose your size, cooking grate and ash pan style. Your Weber, your way.

This is essentially how Timbuk2 sells messenger bags. You can either go to a dealer to get a prefab model that was produced in China or you can get on their website and custom design your own bag, to your own specs, in your own color combo. The custom bags cost about 25% more, but are made to order in San Francisco and ship out within a few days. There's no question that Weber could offer the same service. It must be that either 1) they believe it to be cost prohibitive or 2) they simply don't want to deal with the hassle of a custom order process that would have a negligible effect on their bottom line..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:55:31 AM by cbpeck »

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
I wouldn't mind if they charged more, as long as it was at least somewhat reasonable. For companies or clubs they could offer a quantity discount for producing numerous kettles with the same config. It would behoove them to be the first in their industry to offer this. And it makes sense it would be Weber, considering the fan base and iconic kettle design! Weber are you watching this thread?

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle