Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SS Performer replacement underframe cage?  (Read 4052 times)

Troy

• Statesman
SS Performer replacement underframe cage?
« on: September 16, 2013, 02:38:33 PM »
Greetings.

I'm working on a stainless steel performer. Sadly, the grate/cage/rack that sits at the bottom of the frame is gone.

I really want to store things there :(

Any ideas on a way to make one? Preferably looks nice and professional, and still holds things.

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
Re: SS Performer replacement underframe cage?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »
I've heard the guy on ebay that makes the flavorizer bars for the Genesis gassers, "rcplanebuyer" will make it up for you if you contact him. His FBs are better than Webers...
NYC Kettle Hunter (where <30 min drives do not exist)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »
Really?

We're talking about the same thing right?

The part of the frame that is near the ground. kinda like a cage that just sits into the bottom part of the frame...

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 04:39:31 PM »
yup.. He makes them for the gassers. It's this guy http://www.ebay.com/usr/rcplanebuyer. I have read about him doing this for people.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »
Interesting. Any idea if he is a member here?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 08:32:34 PM »
Another option might be a closetmaid wire shelf. You could easily spray paint it black.
Uncommon sense seeker

tattooedant

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 03:20:09 AM »
Interesting. Any idea if he is a member here?

I do not think so. He doesn't go to the other site either. He's just a metal guy that was able to build on a great Weber product. I swear by his stuff, and use his bars on my grills. great service too. I would imagine he could build any piece you need.

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 05:34:24 AM »
Greetings.

I'm working on a stainless steel performer. Sadly, the grate/cage/rack that sits at the bottom of the frame is gone.

Any ideas on a way to make one? Preferably looks nice and professional, and still holds things.

I need one also, I was thinking of ideas but still blank. Rcplanebuyer is a great idea, I have his bars in my red head.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 08:13:16 AM »
Greetings.

I need one also, I was thinking of ideas but still blank. Rcplanebuyer is a great idea, I have his bars in my red head.

You should reach out to him and see what he can do!

(yeah, i'm too chicken shit)

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 07:51:08 PM »
Greetings.

You should reach out to him and see what he can do!

(yeah, i'm too chicken shit)

Ha! Rcplanebuyers flavorizers were pricey ;) I'm not really in a strong $$$ position. I'm trying to figure out a wood option, I think it'd be cool to have a wood shelf on the bottom, next to the genesis it'd look awesome. I'm discussing this project with the father in law engineer in 2 weekends, I'll update this if its cool. I was also thinking of sending mr. Planebuyer a message to make custom brackets for wood. I'll let you know.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 08:11:45 PM »
Troy, I think your best bang for the buck would be heavy expanded metal and a bunch of self tapping screws. You could also modify a wire shelf, but it may be more effort than it's worth. Is there a custom bbq maker in your area that can help out?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 08:12:24 PM »
Troy, I think your best bang for the buck would be heavy expanded metal and a bunch of self tapping screws. You could also modify a wire shelf, but it may be more effort than it's worth. Is there a custom bbq maker in your area that can help out?

Damn it, I wasted my 2000th post on the above^^^^^^
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 06:01:02 PM »
Greetings.

I'm guessing no one here has an extra lying around, what with all the resto's and spare parts that folks seem to have... anyone?
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

2mnygrills

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »
Troy, I got to thinking about this and I measured the bottom racks on my older genesis grills.  Nothing is the exact fit but maybe a bottom rack from a genisis with a side burner would be long enough and could be cut down to work somehow.  Would be the same type steel.  Only catch is you have to find one of those to cut down....unless you have one.