Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 1170 times)

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
What would you do?
« on: August 14, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
So I was cruising the grill section over at Home Depot the other day and thought I would grab some new grill accessories. I ended up going with item 6645 which is a pair of stainless tongs and spatula with rubber handles.

Set here: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-6645-Original-Portable-Stainless/dp/B005LR3BB2

I then saw a tool holder for the kettle which looked nice so I grabbed it as well.

This one: http://www.amazon.com/Weber-7401-Tool-Holder/dp/B000WEMG24/ref=pd_sim_lg_6

That night i put the tool holder on the kettle and hung the new tongs and spatula. Next I loaded up half a chimney with charcoal and got the grill ready to cook. After I dumped my chimney in and put the top on the kettle I came out about 15 minutes later and the rubber handles on the tongs and spatula had melted. Duh!!!

Anyway, what would you do?

A. Curse yourself out, and go purchase a new solid stainless set.
B. Give Weber a call and see what they can do for you.
C. See if Weber just sells the rubber handles that go over the stainless for the set I have
D. Other

I feel like I'm 99% at fault so I'm probably going with A, but just wanted to hear a few others opinions.

Thanks

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:49:26 PM by AZ Monsoon »

Bman

• WKC Performer
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
I'd send Weber an email complete with pictures (grill set up w/ tongs hanging) and close ups of the melted plastic handles and inform them you never even took their virginity. 
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
Definately contact weber first, its always worth a try
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »
I would go with 'A', but I bet you could just take them back to HD and they will replace them. Honesty is the best policy. I just think they may do it in good faith.