Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber flat top 26 replacement grate  (Read 7973 times)

Jburns

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber flat top 26 replacement grate
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2023, 07:26:09 AM »
@AS in SA 

The Weber part number for a cooking grate that fits the old flat top 26" kettles is #66910.  The cooking grate is 24.5".  Although it has been several years since I last checked, Weber did still have them in stock.  Weber doesn't sell many of these grates as most CSR's can't find the part number and can't sell them without it.  I think it would be worth it to call Weber Customer Service to see if they still have them.  Their phone number is 1-800-446-1071.

Also if you need one, the charcoal grate for the 26" flat top kettle is #66911

66910 & 66911 have both been completely discontinued and are no longer available. CSR's can't even pull them up in the system anymore, as they have been purged. #IworkforWeber
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 08:02:04 AM by Jburns »

Farace

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2023, 09:39:05 AM »
I purchased some knock off 26 grates many years ago when someone put them on special. I think I ordered 4 of them. I am pretty sure I sent at least one off to another member, but might still have one or two of them left. If you are still looking for a new grate that will fit the flat top 26, let me know and I can dig through my stash and see if I can find one.

Are those knock-offs still available somewhere? I bought an older 26” a few weeks back, one that I was alerted to here on WKC by Pezdogs. Didn’t realize at the time that the older flat tops grates were a different size than current production. I can probably get a season out of the old one, but not much more. I’ve not yet actively gone looking for alternatives.

Jon Tofte

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2023, 08:53:45 AM »
I see Weber has come out with a stainless grate for the 26” that allows for using BOTH the old GBS and the new Crafted Kitchen accessories. I know they are a bit of a gimmick, but I have several and do like them. I also have a flat-top 26.

I would love to hear from some members way more experienced than me whether the new style 26 grate size can realistically be used on a flat top. What about with the grate “lifters” I have seen for sale in Amazon for 22s?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Custom Platinum One Touc, Red Patent Pending "Aristocrat" 26, Red 22 MBH, Black '00 Flat-top 26, Black 22 MBH, and '74 Black "49'er" 18. And too many projects!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2023, 05:24:50 PM »
I’ve seen guys place a modern 26 grate in a flat top with no issues.   It just nestles against the kettle walls.  It will sit securely under its own weight. 

See below from [mention]DrewZ [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Tofte

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2023, 04:14:25 AM »
Thank you for the reply and the picture. I may give it a try with the new Weber stainless “Crafted Kitchen” 26 grate.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Custom Platinum One Touc, Red Patent Pending "Aristocrat" 26, Red 22 MBH, Black '00 Flat-top 26, Black 22 MBH, and '74 Black "49'er" 18. And too many projects!

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2023, 04:55:05 AM »
I bought these grate spacers on Amazon to make the SNS grate work on my flat top:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C2CJ9YRB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1  (The turkey picture shows them in use.)

They mount securely and create enough space for the grate to work without touching the walls of the bowl.  They were $19.99 when I ordered them in November, but unfortunately, they're "currently unavailable."

I’ve seen guys place a modern 26 grate in a flat top with no issues.   It just nestles against the kettle walls.  It will sit securely under its own weight. 

See below from [mention]DrewZ [/mention]

Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2023, 07:50:19 AM »
[mention]DrewZ [/mention] thanks for explaining!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2023, 10:24:27 PM »
So I got this hack from someone on this site. I made a grate riser out of expanded steel that raises the OG vintage Weber or Grill Mark grate up to the top of the bowl. It also allows the use of the 26.75” OTG or in my case a Hunsakers stainless steel 26.75”.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!