Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mothership picked up  (Read 1080 times)

OkieGirl

• WKC Brave
Re: Mothership picked up
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2023, 09:17:04 AM »
Congratulations!

ASpitzer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2023, 10:12:09 AM »
According to the Age Guide, this Ranch Kettle is likely from 1962-63. The biggest indicator is the all-metal handles, as Weber switched to wooden lid handles in 1964. Also, the wheel style matches the style used from 1962-1968 as the previous design was a little different. Finally, this Ranch has a wire bottom shelf compared to the Ash Triangle seen in the late 50's (yes, there are a few Motherships with Ash Triangles floating around). That means this beauty is right at 60 years old! For it's age, it's in PHENOMENAL shape!
That is about the age I was thinking. Looking through the old brochures on file with WKC or TVWBB it looked like the cover on the bottom of the front leg was gray until after 62-63 although that could just be the artist rendering choosing that. It is incredibly clean. I have been working on cleaning it up and have the lid about done. Will try to work on it some more this weekend. Things have been pretty busy at work and just haven't been able to get time for it. Looking forward to cooking on it though.

I did order a spit and motor from OneGrill that AZ2FL recommended and will get it fitted to the ring. Don't plan on modifying the existing mount or drilling more holes in it. I'll see what I can do.
1957 Wood Dale Demo, MLH Mothership Ranch, 1980 Smokey Joe Black, 2014 Smokey Joe Black, 1992 Master Touch Green, 2022 Original Black, Glen Blue 26 in., 70th Anniversary Hot Rod Yellow

kcsmokinribs

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2023, 11:10:14 AM »
Congratulations! Looks great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club