Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Any advice on a kettle gasser from eBay ???  (Read 264 times)

getlego

• WKC Brave
Any advice on a kettle gasser from eBay ???
« on: May 27, 2022, 09:35:13 PM »
I’ve wanted one of these for a while but I have no idea how they work or what parts are available. The asking price is 500 but he offered me 400. Still Too much for me since it may not have all the parts to make it cook.

What’s it worth working?

What is it worth as a piece of artwork?

I’d love to cook on one but if parts aren’t available it seem like a waste. If I can figure out the eBay link I will post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Re: Any advice on a kettle gasser from eBay ???
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 10:36:35 PM »
As the saying goes, It’s worth what you’re willing to pay.

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 01:56:36 AM »
Seems steep to me, but as Schaefd2 said "It’s worth what you’re willing to pay."
Other issues of note - local pickup- but it looks like you are in the area,
and NG.  That will eliminate MANY potential buyers.  I would think you may be
able to get a better price with some patience.  Folks will not likely be banging
down his door. 
I will be watching this one closely though.  I have a red LP kettle that just might
find itself for sale soon. 

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 03:16:29 AM »
Yep, it’s only what someone would pay for it. Problem is there is little reference to what it’s worth. My general rule of thumb is a break even price in case I need to sell it later. If I really want something bad I will bid an extra 25 percent or so. I just have no idea what it’s worth.

If you zoom in on the instructions it’s from 1972. I’ve always wanted one but the big question is how do they work ? I can see a burner tube in the pics, a gas valve, and some wheels that seem to be never used.  There is a honeycomb screen in the bottom that could be broken ???

Also I wonder where all the grease goes. I always thought the lids had vent slits in them. This one seems solid.

Anyway I made contact with the guy to just say hi I’m here if you can’t sell it.

As a looker I’m thinking I’d pay around 100 for it. Just to have this piece of history in my hands. If I could cook on it maybe 250. His original asking price is 600.

It’s just so cool, especially with the three ball wheels for the stand. I’d even make a table out of it for fun. I have a strange feeling they were short lived because they were dangerous.

I was hoping someone here had experience with one. 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2022, 04:11:41 AM »
Interesting that it appears it's never been assembled to be used, early gasser had standoffs  on the lid versus slats on the later models. I would want to go look at it to make sure all parts are there. At 500 it's still a little steep but I like it, I own a few but have never cooked on them but will one day.  If it was complete I'd be more in the 350 range personally, you can't hardly convert to lp so you need a NG hookup

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill