Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Heat Beacon Deflector Plate and Charcoal Ring  (Read 292 times)

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
Heat Beacon Deflector Plate and Charcoal Ring
« on: December 30, 2021, 10:30:51 AM »
So I found this company through a Facebook ad and the ring and deflector plate caught my eye. At 70 bucks the price didn’t seam too outrageous so I asked my wife to buy it as a Christmas present. The ring is stainless steel and isn’t rock solid but not exactly flimsy either (sturdier than the BBQ It All). The plate has a nice heft to it (about 6 pounds).Spare ribs have been on for about an hour. So far it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Heat Beacon Deflector Plate and Charcoal Ring
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 11:46:11 AM »
Nice…. I’ve got something similar for a Smokey Joe and another for a Jumbo Joe made out of expanded steel and a carbon steel disk SJ / pizza stone on the JJ.  I’ve yet to try them.  I’ll be interested to hear how yours performs for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watkinsb87

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 02:18:27 PM »
Temp ran away from me in the middle of the cook. Chalk it up to operator error as the 18 month old had an epic meltdown and I forgot to set the bottom vent. Ribs ended up ok, but not my best. Deflector plate definitely did it’s job.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 01:31:41 AM »
Great stuff. And God bless your baby. I’m sure they will be BBQing when the time is right!