Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Should I submit a warranty claim on this kettle?  (Read 627 times)

stbbrad

• Happy Cooker
Should I submit a warranty claim on this kettle?
« on: May 01, 2019, 06:59:29 AM »
Hi all. I have been cooking with gas for far too long and finally went and bought a master touch. I was so excited to use it even with the question of if it is damaged or not. Already hot smoked a salmon and chicken wings and they turned out great.

If you look at the photo you can see the ash sweeper appears to be rubbing off the coating inside and I am afraid it will shorten the life of my grill. I sent an email and photos over to Weber 4 days ago and have not recieved a response yet - so I thought I would reach out to here and get other's thoughts.

Thanks

Edit: Having trouble adding the photos - here is a link to them.
https://imgur.com/a/7KvyxdX

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: Should I submit a warranty claim on this kettle?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 08:57:18 AM »
Looks like the leg socket got banged in a little. If for some reason they don't warranty it you can bust out the rubber mallet.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 09:29:38 AM »
Email them again. I had a brand new lid in 4 days from contacting them.
Did you buy it new? Look at the date on the box, if you still have it, and see which weekday it was made on. My dad always said don't buy anything made on a Monday or Friday.

stbbrad

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 02:35:49 PM »
They actually responded today and are shipping a new bowl out. Fantastic customer service.