Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 1st Restoration.... what is it?  (Read 753 times)

CaptCole

• Happy Cooker
1st Restoration.... what is it?
« on: April 23, 2019, 06:14:08 AM »
I just picked up this performer which as best I can tell at least the lid is a 2001 ( DA ). I cannot seem to find any pictures of the same one. Nor can I seem to find the actual manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This website seems to be a treasure chest of information and I searched through it pretty well ( so I thought ) looking for some insight, instead I have found myself searching for a second restore before I even start my first.

Sorry about the picture quality

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
1st Restoration.... what is it?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 06:29:52 AM »
One-Touch Platinum.... one of the best all around cookers IMO.

Singing the praises of the One-Touch Platinum http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=27993
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:26:05 AM by Mr.CPHo »

Cellar2ful

Re: 1st Restoration.... what is it?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 06:34:10 AM »
First of all, welcome to the Forum.  Here is a link to the schematic for the One Touch Platinum.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/help/schematics/browse.aspx?model=761001
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

CaptCole

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 06:36:36 AM »
Thanks Mr. CPHo Thats the one for sure! it needs some love and a new table top. Now I just need to decide on whether I want an original top replacement or build one out of wood and give it a nice spar finish......

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 06:36:54 AM »
Welcome to the club, nice first rescue, that's a grate little cooker
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

CaptCole

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 06:44:58 AM »
Thanks all I am glad to have found this forum. I will try to share the process as best I can with a newborn 3 months of work out of state coming up it might be a little on the slow side.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 06:49:57 AM »
One-Touch Platinum I have a few f them. Great rig to grill on. I built a custom double one.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 07:24:44 AM »
Thanks Mr. CPHo Thats the one for sure! it needs some love and a new table top. Now I just need to decide on whether I want an original top replacement or build one out of wood and give it a nice spar finish......

Personally, if you have the skills, I would build a new wood tabletop. I hate the plastic tops...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 07:25:16 AM »

Personally, if you have the skills, I would build a new wood tabletop. Personalize it. I hate the plastic tops...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 08:06:10 AM »
Welcome to the club!!!   You’ve found a grate cooker to restore.  The weak point of the OT Platinum is the plastic table.  If you have the skill & tools to make a wood top, you won’t regret it.  We have a member (zavod44) that makes custom wood handles, bale rollers, wheel inserts that would compliment the wood table. 

https://grillhandle.com/

Good luck with the restore.  Looking forward to some finished pics & cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 08:52:18 AM »
Welcome to the club!!!   You’ve found a grate cooker to restore.  The weak point of the OT Platinum is the plastic table.  If you have the skill & tools to make a wood top, you won’t regret it.  We have a member (zavod44) that makes custom wood handles, bale rollers, wheel inserts that would compliment the wood table. 

https://grillhandle.com/

Good luck with the restore.  Looking forward to some finished pics & cooks.

I have several sets of zavod44's custom wood handles. Quality stuff, can't be beat!  :)

CaptCole

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »
Sounds Like wood is the way to go!