Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza Oven Kit  (Read 701 times)

gburcalow

• Happy Cooker
Pizza Oven Kit
« on: November 15, 2018, 07:34:52 AM »
I am looking for an inexpensive kit to convert my 22" kettle into a pizza oven.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the kit sold on Amazon, PizzaQue PC7001 Deluxe Kettle Grill Pizza Kit?

My apologies if this should have gone in the Pizza forum.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:47:04 AM by gburcalow »
Gary B
Mesquite, TX
Porked Pulled and Prodded BBQ Pit Boys Chapter

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizza Oven Kit
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 07:53:52 AM »
I am looking for an inexpensive kit to convert my 22" kettle into a pizza oven.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the kit sold on Amazon, PizzaQue PC7001 Deluxe Kettle Grill Pizza Kit?

My apologies if this should have gone in the Pizza forum.
I have it.  It was given to me as a gift.  It works very well.  The Kettle Pizza is a sturdier built item and American made ( I think).  So if those are important to you, you might want to go that route.  But, the PQ is fantastic for me and really was a game changer for our home made pizzas.  We can hold blazing hot 700 degree temps for over an hour and turn out pizza after pizza... Making up to 10 awesome pizzas in an hour on pizza nights....   Great fun. 

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 09:24:22 AM »
I've used my pizzaque a few times.  Works great!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 11:05:57 AM »
Same here big fan of PQ. Havent tried the KP and it might do the same but i especially liked being able to change it from 18 to 22inch grills. Now it has a designated 22 grill but i used to use it on an 18inch R2D2 inspired frankengrill.
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 03:27:29 PM »
Same here big fan of PQ. Havent tried the KP and it might do the same but i especially liked being able to change it from 18 to 22inch grills. Now it has a designated 22 grill but i used to use it on an 18inch R2D2 inspired frankengrill.
How'd you make R2?

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 03:54:12 PM »
How'd you make R2?

High heat caliper paint on a cheap curb smoker barrel with some vinyl wrap, then just a walmart special 18inch grill with more paint. I just sat the bowl right on top of the barrel. It made cleaning it easy. It was easy and fun and someone paid me $100 for it so it worked out well.

On subject it worked well with the PQ for most of the time I had it.
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow