Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Expansion Shelf Options for Summit Kettle  (Read 744 times)

mobiledynamics

• Smokey Joe
Expansion Shelf Options for Summit Kettle
« on: June 12, 2018, 01:14:53 PM »
Sold our WSM 22 and bought a Summit Charcoal for a helluva bargain.
I lost some smoking real estate and have looking at options for the Summit Charcoal.

I am aware of the Weber Expansion Grilling Rack.
Are there any other options out there that might be even a bit ~bigger~ for more real estate on the Summit Charcoal.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Expansion Shelf Options for Summit Kettle
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 12:40:10 PM »
This appears to be a reproduction of Weber's Half Moon rack (or whatever that was called) from the 1970s, only in 1/4" 304 SS!

http://killagrilla.com/item/kg-elevated-half-rack

Put in code KILLA GRILLA at checkout, through the 17th. I'm a fan of Killa Grilla (satisfied customer).

Wouldn't be as tall as the Expansion Grilling Rack but might be wider/deeper? It's like half a grill grate for a regular 21.5" Weber. The lower height means food won't overcook up on top like they could with the taller Expansion Grilling Rack.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mobiledynamics

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 02:03:17 PM »
I looked at the Smokeware rotating setup. In doing the math , it looked like the expansion grill was a no brainer - most floor space per $ value.

I was also concerned about the rotation aspect. Definately for my use, I would not rotate it out with food, Might get top heavy and flip the whole kit and kaboodle. It was a interesting piece non-the-least

The KG is nice but too shallow in height. Only 3 3/4

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:53:51 PM by mobiledynamics »

Mx5

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 09:20:59 PM »
The smoke ware looks pretty good.   If you get one please give an update
Summit charcoal, Red limited 22,lime green Smokey joe,Simpson’s Smokey joe

mobiledynamics

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 06:16:23 AM »
I skipped it. When I did the floor space between the weber, and the smokeware, the weber actually had more floorspace.