Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chuck roast on the roti.  (Read 1236 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Chuck roast on the roti.
« on: May 15, 2018, 10:03:13 PM »
Just your basic chuck roast. Coarse sea salt, cracked black pepper and  garlic granules. I used  1/2 chimney of lump and the rest apple wood splits. Lid remained  cracked by 1 1/2" throughout.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 10:12:36 PM by Jules V. »

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
Re: Chuck roast on the roti.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 01:58:19 AM »
Looks fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 02:51:56 AM »
looks awesome, love the veggy basket trick, and what appears to be portabellos
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:01:00 AM »
I'm attracted the ability to cook other things while using the rotisserie. I may have to steal that idea. But I'm having trouble parsing all I'm seeing.

Did you add two sets of hardware, to be able to position a grate lower or higher on the rotisserie ring?

Is the Caliente piece just for charcoal or does it also have support for a cook grate?

And lastly, what does the strap ring inside the rotisserie do?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Chuck roast on the roti.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 07:41:05 AM »
I'm attracted the ability to cook other things while using the rotisserie. I may have to steal that idea. But I'm having trouble parsing all I'm seeing.

Did you add two sets of hardware, to be able to position a grate lower or higher on the rotisserie ring?

Is the Caliente piece just for charcoal or does it also have support for a cook grate?

And lastly, what does the strap ring inside the rotisserie do?
That's my multi-purpose rotisserie, smoker, high heat grilling rig. I started by modifying one of the weber roti to fit on top of the caliente stacker, kettle bowl, or on top of another weber roti.

This is the grate i use while doing rotisserie. Standard grate location on the caliente.

2 grates on each weber stacker if needed. 

That's the modified  weber stacker. I trimmed the bottom rim and bolted a  stainless strap ring to make it fit snugly on the caliente, bowl or on top ot the other roti stacker. The strap was a remnant from my poortex drip pan.

Up to 4 cooking grates

Can't afford a wsm so here's my version.  Up to 5 grates are available. Works great for rotisserie also.  I'll be doing 2 rotisserie at once at some point. Pick and chose which height of cooking grate you want to use while doing rotisserie.  The added height also allows the use of wood splits while keeping the lid partially open or without.

Use your least favorite kettle and you can cook with a raging inferno. Maximum distance between cooking and charcoal grate is  20".  Don't  really have too worry about the flame engulfing your food.  Tri- tip perhaps?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:50:50 PM by Jules V. »

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 11:59:57 AM »
Orange bell pepper, crimini and portabella mushrooms.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 03:55:50 PM »
Looks great!

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 04:41:07 PM »
Very impressive...
I got a chuckie that I could spin but no way I got the gear like that...
Just have to spin it and try to maintain lower temps...Yeah...

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 05:18:13 PM »
Very impressive...
It's a very versatile cooking rig. I have other accessories also that can be used for different configurations. My favorite so far is using the the 4 racks on the weber stackers to make beef jerky.