Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SnS low profile  (Read 1571 times)

TheDude

• WKC Performer
SnS low profile
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:38:20 PM »
I'd love to keep the coals off the porcalin. @ABCbarbecue and other users, will this fit in OLD 26ers?
Still need a 22” yellow

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: SnS low profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 03:56:09 AM »
At my dad's there's a '90s 26. First owner never replaced the charcoal grate, which now droops so low there's probably enough clearance for the modern 26's SnS.

But if try to preserve your irreplaceable charcoal grate on an old one, by turning it upside down, even the low profile SnS is likely too tall.

Just another challenge of owning an orphaned design.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:57:43 AM by addicted-to-smoke »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 05:57:44 AM »
Awhile back I emailed ABCBarbecue with a similar question and he recommended the SnS Low Profile for the vintage 26’ers.  The SnS and SnS Plus will also fit, the XL will not.   I’m still saving my pennies for the low profile.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

relayer61

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 07:12:21 AM »
The standard SnS fits my 1965 26er just fine.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 07:17:45 AM »
@Troy tested this and yes low profile will work on the older 26's
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »
I guess I'll ask the follow up question, as I've also been curious about this same thing.  @ABCbarbecue or anyone else, how much larger is the Low Profile than the standard SnS, as I too would hope to use this on vintage 26ers.

Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 10:33:45 AM »
@Troy knows better than me what fits the vintage 26. The low profile is just a little bigger than standard SnS. Product dimensions can be found on our website product pages. Look at the pictures.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 02:41:20 PM »
Thanks guys! May have to pull the trigger now.
Still need a 22” yellow

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 02:42:25 PM »
At my dad's there's a '90s 26. First owner never replaced the charcoal grate, which now droops so low there's probably enough clearance for the modern 26's SnS.

But if try to preserve your irreplaceable charcoal grate on an old one, by turning it upside down, even the low profile SnS is likely too tall.

My charcoal gate has 2 supports on the underside.
Still need a 22” yellow

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 02:59:09 PM »

My charcoal gate has 2 supports on the underside.

Yeah I know. Makes for charcoal already close to the grate that way when it's also drooping and you flip it upside down. :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch