Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: eBay has weird stuff  (Read 1395 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
eBay has weird stuff
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:51:37 AM »
I search vintage bbq and just look through all the random old and or "old" looking stuff found this "vintage photo with stand up pool and bbq" I spy with my little eye a chestnut in the corner

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: eBay has weird stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:12:14 AM »
Agree and that is interesting. How much do they want for a photo? Crazy thing is is that someone might actually buy it.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

UserGone

• WKC Brave
eBay has weird stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 11:48:39 AM »
It's not weird at all. I've been to many estate sales and have seen the same few people buying up old photos and large private slide collections.
I asked one buyer just why he always buys these photos. He said he looks for photos of original vintage cars and classic bicycles, toys, motorcycles, exc.
  He sells these pictures on eBay as some like to collect these vintage original pictures of said items. That is what people want to buy. He doesn't get much for the pictures, maybe a few bucks but this guy had paid $20 for about 3,000 photos that day. These pictures were mostly from the 1940's-70's
  I do see this Chestnut Weber Grill photo being purchased from someone on this site.
Here is another one from the same seller of that chestnut.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:54:29 AM by Smokin Performer »

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:51:25 AM »
Agree and that is interesting. How much do they want for a photo? Crazy thing is is that someone might actually buy it.
only like 4 bucks
It's not weird at all. I've been to many estate sales and have seen the same few people buying up old photos and large private slide collections.
I asked one buyer just why he always buys these photos. He said he looks for photos of original vintage cars and classic bicycles, toys, motorcycles, exc.
  He sells these pictures on eBay as some like to collect these vintage original pictures of said items. That is what people want to buy. He doesn't get much for the pictures, maybe a few bucks but this guy had paid $20 for about 3,000 photos that day. These pictures were mostly from the 1940's-70's
  I do see this Chestnut Weber Grill photo being purchased from someone on this site.

huh, now when you put it that way.... lol

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 06:07:56 PM »
Lol yeah agree. That is very interesting. Thank you for the insight.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 06:34:21 PM »

Too pricey for me.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 04:04:09 AM »
ooo but that would be sweet.