Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber CS....what a joke.  (Read 2253 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Re: Weber CS....what a joke.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 03:51:02 PM »

I stand corrected.

I just made another call and got the assistance I needed.  That was soooooo easy.  Maybe Weber needs to do a little training to get all their staff up to speed.

You get good ones and bad ones...............
and their batting average is better then most...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 05:11:12 PM »
I stand corrected.

I just made another call and got the assistance I needed.  That was soooooo easy.  Maybe Weber needs to do a little training to get all their staff up to speed.

This....just call again when the cs rep is confused.

As a failsafe..you can take a pic if your dmdamoer and grill and they will then work with you...

I had the same issue...oh the damper code diesnt match.. i said np..ill send you a picture....things went smoith after the pic got sent
Grills

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 05:52:40 PM »
Perhaps I've been fortunate, but my experience and that of my friends has been very positive.  Basically the conversations have gone like this; Me... Hi, my bowl has rusted on one side.   Weber... Ok, we'll send you a new one.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 01:15:36 AM »
There are definitely some CS reps that are useless w/o a serial number.  Don't be afraid to ask for another CS rep who is more proficient with their system. Usually get better CS reps in the evening hours.

I look up part numbers on
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-parts-c-193079.html
then call Weber to order by part number.  Weber is cheaper than ereplacement + $7.00 flat shipping rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly ehat I do as well. Go to ereplacementparts then I call weber and order.
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 03:06:05 AM »
My experiences have been similar to Darko's. I talked to Weber CS last night. I had bought a new set of stainless steel grates for my mother in law's Silver B. I put them in and realized that the cookbox was bowed about a half an inch. I explained how my new stainless steel grates fit to the CS rep. He looked the serial number up from it and told me he would be shipping a new one out on Monday. I was on the phone with him about 5 minutes.
Thank you Weber.[emoji106]
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

btomlin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »
Like I stated, I stand corrected.  I placed my order yesterday and the parts were at my door today.  I guess I shouldn't have jumped on here so negatively after my 1st call.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »
+1 for calling Weber CS late at night.  I think that by then the new hires and managers have gone home for the day.  Only the seasoned sages remain. 
One of the charcoal people.