Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: insidious psychedelic deadly unlit kettle fumes  (Read 1023 times)

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
insidious psychedelic deadly unlit kettle fumes
« on: March 04, 2017, 09:31:19 PM »
during our last cold spell whilst i wuz grilling some pork chops , i noticed that the ol 18 '  wuz looking a little dirty from repeated cooks . this doesn't happen in the summer as i'm always wiping them down to keep em nice and shinny on the outside. so anyway next day i'm thinking to myself , hmmm think i'll wait till she go's to bed then bring it in and give the outside a good wipedown yeaaa !so the time comes , i haul it in ( i had emptied all the ashes earlier) brilliant idea i think , nice and warm in my kitchen !! there look at that lid shine ! now to get started on the top vent and so on and so on . one of the first things i noticed when it came in was the beautiful aroma , ahhhh scents of previous  tastebud scores wait a minute how did grease get on the leg ? more cleaning and polishing . soon i notice the very air around me seems to be getting heavier ,wow i think to myself this house is going to smell great tommorow . ohh what that ! rust on the triangle ? more polishing  (boy i'm getting tired , jesus where did this headache come from ? ah man got fingerprints on the bowl and lid gotta wipe those off . wtf why is there still a pork chop on the grill ?! how can that be ? go to grab it and the bloody thing rears up on me and shoves the pointy end of its bone straght thru my hand !! i scream in pain grab my cloth and snap that bitch straight into the sink hissing and snorting right out of a stephen king novel where i finally subdue it with a butter knife and tongs ,whew! .ok just kidding bout the porkchop but omg don't bring a seasoned kettle in your house in the winter  cuz the fumes will get to you had a headache all next day with burning eyes .(used no chemicals to clean) had no desire to barbque for 2 days ! l . you have been warned .

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: insidious psychedelic deadly unlit kettle fumes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 12:01:33 AM »
You should refer to the Weber Kettle Technical Reference Library before you clean more kettles.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/weber-kettle-technical-reference-library/

I am very sympathetic regarding your encounter with the murderous Stephen King porkchop. Most everyone hates it when that happens.

Brassjc

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 12:46:21 AM »
Sorry to hear about the monster chop attack. They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 02:12:24 AM »
Sometimes you eat the pig and sometimes, it eats you. Glad your ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 05:58:58 AM »
Beware. The Pork Chop Apocalypse is near. Glad you're okay.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.