Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: CL Score  (Read 1787 times)

fedex

• WKC Ranger
CL Score
« on: April 06, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »

Picked this up on Friday in Santa Ana.  SS Blue Performer (EZ) $30.00  Was pretty dirty but it cleaned up really nice.  The One Touch System was rusted out so I ordered a new one from Weber.   Also it's not a gas assist which I was hoping to find.  Thanks for looking.

1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

Sonny Roach

• Smokey Joe
Re: CL Score
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 02:56:28 AM »
Sweet deal!! You can add the gas assist, may go with the new regulator using disposable bottles.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 03:16:49 AM »
If you do add gas assist, the biggest problem will be drilling into the kettle for the burner tube and 2 screws to mount it.  Weber makes the burner tube as a kit.  You will need a ignitor button, regulator and hose kit also.  There are a few other items as well...so its not so cut and dry.  I can get you a full list of what you need if you go that route!

Oh, and BTW...nice score!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 06:09:27 AM »
Man, all these left coast blue kettles while I'm on the opposite side drooling...  Nice find!
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 07:28:16 AM »
Nice score, fedex!!
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:28:45 AM »
If you do add gas assist, the biggest problem will be drilling into the kettle for the burner tube and 2 screws to mount it.  Weber makes the burner tube as a kit.  You will need a ignitor button, regulator and hose kit also.  There are a few other items as well...so its not so cut and dry.  I can get you a full list of what you need if you go that route!

Oh, and BTW...nice score!

My brain wasn't working right when I posted this.  I meant to say is I didn't want gas assist.  It was never a big selling point for me.  On these older ones they are always broke anyways.  Used the 0000 steel wool on it and couldn't believe the shine it brought out.  Now I'm shineing up the whole stable.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:10:05 AM »
Nice score!!!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......