Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Over-sized Picture Additions.....Fix em'!  (Read 1900 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Over-sized Picture Additions.....Fix em'!
« on: January 06, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »
Not sure about you guys but having to scroll across a screen to view cool picture just pisses me off....and I use a big computer monitor. Using a handheld device would be even worse with some of the pictures added here. The worst is when someone adds multiple pictures that are huge....going to the bottom of the screen to scroll across for individual shots over and over is something I no longer do. Too bad really.

I am not computer savvy at all and yet have somehow been able to figure out how to resize pictures to fit the screen.

If you want your posts to get viewed it behooves you to figure out how to resize shots. Me myself...I just use the resize option at tinypic for "15 inch screen 800 by 600"....easy Louisee. This works for my screens and I am hoping it does for others viewing my posts. Handle held devices may still suck...I am not sure as I don't have one.

This:

As opposed to this:

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Over-sized Picture Additions.....Fix em'!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 09:53:02 AM »
Using the app, both pictures are the same

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Over-sized Picture Additions.....Fix em'!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 09:58:52 AM »
Right. I've been posting using the app and all the images are scaled to fit in the forum.  I just hit the web to look at my last pic posted using the app. I used the max size option and I don't have to scroll on the computer monitor. I do have a 24" monitor at work though.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:01:53 AM by kettlebb »
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:01:18 AM »
I had to scroll to see your pic

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
I'll use the medium option from now on. It's just easier to use the app rather than the full site.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 10:27:57 AM »
I always use the medium picture size option to make sure this doesn't happen!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 11:26:29 AM »
I noticed what MrHoss was talking about when selecting the "best" option when uploading from the app, like Mike I now pick the medium and everything thing works out fine

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 11:48:38 AM »

I'll use the medium option from now on. It's just easier to use the app rather than the full site.

Ditto.