Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Say hello to my 18 year old redhead!  (Read 3125 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Say hello to my 18 year old redhead!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 08:25:22 AM »
Thanks everyone. As far as I can tell today I need:
A new cooking grate
Weber logo wheel replacement
5lb propane tank and check if the regulator works
I'll be ordering wood handles in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 08:32:37 AM »
wow beautiful ssp , on your next bbq get her a pair of shoes put the box in the bowl and say ,these are your size aren't they dear ? .

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 04:18:31 PM »
My wife gave up.

To bring it back on topic.  Nice redhead!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 08:06:34 PM »
My girl is pretty on board, long as it's not black. Only one SSP has popped up in my area since the disease set in, but he was asking way too much. Still checking CL daily though. Good things come to those who wait.
Still need a 22” yellow

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 08:53:38 PM »
Nice Red Performer, looks very nice! I was going to have my agent pick this up until I seen you say you was getting it.

I feel sorry for the "Men" in this post that let the women tell you what you can buy.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 09:18:00 PM »
Nice Red Performer, looks very nice! I was going to have my agent pick this up until I seen you say you was getting it.

I feel sorry for the "Men" in this post that let the women tell you what you can buy.

Happy wife. Happy life.
Still need a 22” yellow

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 01:53:11 AM »
I am asked...  do you really need 8 webers???   My response....  simply put   Yes....   

Very nice SSP.  And i agree...  a new 5 pounder is in order.  That should dress her up very nicely...
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2016, 02:00:18 AM »
That is one fine SSP.  Looks in the pics as though it was parked inside and seldom used for all those years.  She deserves a 'new' 5 lb tank.
SJ

100% in agreement there.  I really like the special Green SS Performer I just picked up but it ain't no red.  That is a Holy Grail SS Performer for lots of people.  Congratulations man.  In this instance I'd definitely spend the money on updating to a new fillable 5 lb tank or have this one re-certified.

Awesome!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 02:03:08 AM »
Nice.  Be sure to list your MT for $400+ on CL.   That way you can honestly tell your wife that you tried to sell it, without worrying about actually having to get rid of it.   If  she asks about the high price, explain that it IS a collector's item

This is frickin Brilliant!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 04:29:41 AM »
Does anyone know if the thread on a newly purchased 5 lb tank line up with the threads on the older models so if one was to purchase the newer tank, is it just plug and play or is another adapter needed?