Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My newest resto  (Read 1545 times)

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
My newest resto
« on: June 25, 2016, 04:55:44 PM »
A friend of mine wanted a performer like mine,  he was pretty excited hearing how the propane lights the charcoal and so on. Oh,  and he wanted black (should be easy) except when you're looking for black you find everything else! Been looking a couple weeks and nothing. Finally came across this 2000 ssp.  Seller wanted 150, I got it for a hundred bucks.  It's pretty dirty but no rust on the frame and lid and bowl seemed to be pretty good too.

Time to clean and get this done cheap! Might have to do the disposable tank mod cause the tank is too old to be filled.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
Re: My newest resto
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 05:23:57 PM »
You can get that tank filled. The star handle is too old to fill.

You may need to get the tank recertified.

That grill looks like it is in grate shape.

It'll clean up nicely.

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 06:05:49 PM »
You can get that tank filled. The star handle is too old to fill.

You may need to get the tank recertified.

That grill looks like it is in grate shape.

It'll clean up nicely.
Thanks Chapin,  I'm steam cleaning the bowl right now with some of the old charcoal and a pan full of water and working on the outside. Wonder what's involved in getting it certified? Cost? So far everything is cleaning up nicely.

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 06:10:05 PM »

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 06:21:05 PM »
Thanks Chapin,  I'm steam cleaning the bowl right now with some of the old charcoal and a pan full of water and working on the outside. Wonder what's involved in getting it certified? Cost? So far everything is cleaning up nicely.

Around me I think it is about $20 and good for 12 years.

Call welding supply and fire extinguisher places.  If they can't help, they can likely steer you in the right direction.

I personally like the refillable over the disposable. Lasts longer and is cheaper. Not that you are going to break the bank with the other.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:22:51 PM by ClubChapin »

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 06:33:08 PM »
Well like I said,  this is for a friend of mine who isn't very grill savy. I may end up switching bowls on this performer with my newer performer just to make it easier for him. It's kind of a win/win he gets his black performer,  I get my ssp. Although I'm still stuck with green which I hate.

2mnygrills

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 05:45:33 AM »
I had a tank recertified last week for $5 and refilled for $8.  Definitely worth doing and a full tank will last a long time.