Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New (to me) Performer owner with some questions  (Read 2361 times)

alex3610

• Happy Cooker
New (to me) Performer owner with some questions
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:11:09 AM »
Hello everyone.  I've had an original 22 kettle (I think it was sold as the one touch silver at the time I bought it?) for about 6 years or so and have always loved it.  In the first year I got the add on table that had 2 legs and basically leaned off the side of the kettle as well as the weber cover that fit over both.  The table was on the small side and when ever you moved the grill and it would tend to collapse.  When I started noticing the Performers at Lowe's I immediately wanted one.  I've just had a hard time coming up with $399 and I never saw any on craiglist.  Low and behold a coworker posted one on facebook a few days ago for $200.  It was even the green color that I loved so much.  Without doing any research, I called him and told him I would take it.  He also gave me a cast iron crate that has 4 removable sections that he said was about $80 or $90.  Not sure if I overpaid but I feel like $200 for what cost $490~ new is a pretty solid value given the condition of everything.  Overall it is in great condition and I believe to be a 2011 model.

The only thing not working currently is the igniter.  The propane feature functions and will light with a long match.  I used the metal tool to try and clean out the gas pipe but the igniter still won't light off the propane.  Any tips here?  Perhaps retrofit with the newer style ignition?

Second, the table top has some discolorations or stains on it and seems to be a real pain to clean and keep clean.  Will the metal table from the current Performer fit on my unit?  If so, what does it cost and where can I find one?

Grilled some chicken with it the first night and plan on doing some burgers tonight if the rain lets up, love the cast iron grate so far!  Not having to balance the lid or cook one handed is really great.  So excited to do more grilling!

Thanks in advance!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
New (to me) Performer owner with some questions
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:25:42 AM »
The igniter kits are cheap and easy to install and I've sanded and painted the thermoplastic or whatever it's called tables before with great results , I used the plastic paint from krylon

Sounds like you got a craycourt grill grate with it , and that makes your purchase very much a good deal , congrats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:27:35 AM by Idahawk »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Re: New (to me) Performer owner with some questions
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:31:58 AM »
First, welcome to the WKC.  Stop in here to introduce yourself. Congrats on the performer purchase,  I'm sure you will love it as much as most of us around love ours.

As for the metal table upgrade, here is a thread that should give you all the information you need: (Click here.) I clean my table with whatever household cleaner i have around and it stays pretty clean.  Never had a staining issue though.

Regarding the ignition, there are some threads around about the conversion (like this one) but you might want to try to fix yours first.  First step is to check all of the wired connections and clean them up with a little fine grit sandpaper.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:34:31 AM by Neil_VT00 »
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 08:33:53 AM »
Double post...
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »
I ordered the metal table from Weber yesterday to replace one on my Mom's performer - $75.28 including tax and shipping.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »
I got the metal table for my 2007 Performer and it fits perfectly.  I just had to replace the igniter for this same grill the other day.  They are not that expensive

Wayne

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 01:18:13 PM »
Hello from Il, Alex! Sounds like you might have gotten a set of craycorts with your performer, and yes a new table fits. Head on over to the indroduction page, say hi and post a pic or two also!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alex3610

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 02:15:14 PM »
Thanks for the info everyone!

alex3610

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 02:26:59 PM »
Here she is:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:28:38 PM by alex3610 »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 03:46:51 PM »
The dark green is sharp!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 05:14:16 PM »
That , for $200 with Craycorts is a very nice deal.  As Neil said, get in there and check out the connections on the igniter.   Make sure the connections/contacts are clean and in good shape.