Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Idaho Style  (Read 1587 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Idaho Style
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:41:57 AM »
Steak and Potatoes topped with Sautéed and grilled Morel Mushrooms , washed down with a Huckleberry cream ale.

The Morels are out up here in Idaho and a good friend gifted me a few until I can get out there myself. The wife grabbed some steaks and I hit the growler station for a fill up.

@brewtownbeatdown gifted me some steak rub , it's killer stuff . Thank you Brew

My kids choose burgers over steaks and so i got them going after the potatoes roasted for about 40 minutes .

I used the ER code MT

Nice crust on the burgers

Next the Steaks

I clarified the butter and brushed a few mushrooms with Olive oil for the grill the rest went into the cast iron skillet

To the butter and mushrooms I added salt and pepper and a splash of the huckleberry cream ale to deglaze the pan and make a sauce .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:11:57 AM by Idahawk »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Idaho Style
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:32:09 AM »
You got some fine looking shots while all that was going on! You must have been busy.  Can't go wrong with some T-bones and fresh shrooms!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 07:54:15 AM »
You got some fine looking shots while all that was going on! You must have been busy.  Can't go wrong with some T-bones and fresh shrooms!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Taking the pictures isn't to bad plus I had a growler of beer to help me ;)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:39:57 AM »
That is the best dinner I've seen in a while.  I didn't know there were morels up in the NW.  Back when I lived in the St. Louis area, I loved morel hunting...fried/sauteed morels are amazing.  Also, I've never heard of huckleberry cream ale, but it sounds phenomenal.  Seems like the only Big Sky you find here is Moose Drool.  Great cook.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 08:42:43 AM »
Great pic's and those steaks with shrooms looked amazing!

●|||||||●

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 08:59:55 AM »
That is the best dinner I've seen in a while.  I didn't know there were morels up in the NW.  Back when I lived in the St. Louis area, I loved morel hunting...fried/sauteed morels are amazing.  Also, I've never heard of huckleberry cream ale, but it sounds phenomenal.  Seems like the only Big Sky you find here is Moose Drool.  Great cook.

Great mushroom hunting up here , several varieties come up all spring and early summer .

The beer is actually from Laughing Dog Brewing ,I just used a Big Sky Growler .

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 12:30:35 PM »
Nice! Hey what thermo is that in the M/T. It has too much color to be the Weber one.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »
Beauty! GO HAWKS!