Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jumbo Joe question  (Read 4291 times)

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
Re: Jumbo Joe question
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 10:20:37 PM »

Buy, buy, buy!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 01:24:39 AM »
I'd have a really hard time justifying that purchase with the number of kettles I already own but at the same time I'd have a hard time not purchasing it at that price, LOL.

If I didn't own two SJ's, one for work and one for the house, there wouldn't be a moment's hesitation.

Here's another scenario for you-

You buy it and that buddy of yours who comes over who doesn't "get" the obsession with charcoal cooking finally sees how much you enjoy it and gets bitten by the bug.   If you find that you really don't need it or some other CL find comes your way, you gift the JJ to him forever cementing your friendship.

Both my WSM and Black OTG were used gifts to me from my lobstermen.   Guess what?   Every day I smoke a brisket or ribs or some tuna or grill a batch of chicken thighs I always save them some.  What comes around goes around and I guarantee there's good JuJu in things like this.

BUYYYYYYYY ITTTTTT!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:33:25 AM by captjoe06 »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Normal_J_Bird

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 05:16:51 PM »

What was I thinking asking this group for input regarding kettle purchasing. HA. Got it home after work today and my 9 yr old has already claimed this as his. Said we need to make a couple mods, I think he spends nearly as much time on WKC as I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 05:22:48 PM »
^^ I like the way that kid thinks! Congrats and have fun. Love mine.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
Jumbo Joe question
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 06:43:30 PM »
You're going to enjoy that JJ. I've used mines 3 times  this week. All my other grills are quite jealous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!