Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brownie  (Read 1948 times)

einrej

• WKC Ranger
Brownie
« on: March 08, 2016, 05:30:44 AM »
I received a pm from bladz,
 "Hi Einrej. I know there are a few WKC  members in the Milwaukee area, and I don't know if you saw it, if your interested, or if you know if any other members are looking for a "brownie," but there's one listed in Big Bend listed under "Webber". That's a bit out of my range.   I'm late to the party though.  It's already been on CL 18 hrs as I type this.
Have a good day,
Dennis"

I called the number and talked to the owner, great guy. He told me he owned it from new for over 30 years. He held it for me till the next day due to snow. $30 well spent.
This all started with a pm from a member I had never talked with before.
Thanks Dennis

Good shape,

Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Brownie
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 05:34:08 AM »
That is all great to hear. Good people. Neat kettle.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 06:01:05 AM »
Love those older Brownies.......seems to me the Brown has a little bit of Red in it where the newer ones don't. Good to see you snag it Ernie.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Brownie
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 06:06:34 AM »
Glad to see you finally get over your "brownie" aversion.

Grate gesture @bladz !!!

Part of the story is missing. @einrej , are you gonna tell 'em about what the other member did?  Pretty messed up, considering you've known that member for a little while.

Or is it too soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 09:08:05 AM »
Glad it found a home in the WKC! I love those MBH's, but frankly the copper mist isn't my favorite. Although I love how dark the mist is on that one.
Growing family = growing kettles!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 09:25:57 AM »
Nice score!  That should clean up really nice!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 12:59:57 PM »
Great score, and great teamwork!

This all started with a pm from a member I had never talked with before.
Thanks Dennis

I think we need to see much more of this around here …. Just sayin'  :)  Thanks, guys ….
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 05:09:29 PM »
Thanks @einrej.  I see it had an ash pan...I don't believe their was one in the picture on the listing, right?  I'm glad you were able to grab it!