Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hoisin Glazed Baby backs  (Read 1990 times)

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
Hoisin Glazed Baby backs
« on: February 08, 2016, 06:19:27 AM »
I got this recipe from a Weber cookbook years ago and it's always been a favorite.   This was my first time cooking ribs on a kettle (always gas before this).  The results were even better than I could have imagined with my guests saying they were the best ribs they ever tasted.   Total time on the grill was just about 4 hours. 

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: Hoisin Glazed Baby backs
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:34:25 AM »
Looks good!
May The Smoke Be With You!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:20:52 AM »
Yes please!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 01:53:56 PM »
You got me hungry for some ribs now. Well done.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 02:38:36 PM »
Looks great! You'll never go back to gas again!

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 04:10:10 PM »

I really do want to sell my Genesis and get another kettle.   Yesterday while the ribs were cooking, I would have liked more space to whip up an appetizer. 

David

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »
Good looking ribs. I've always wanted to try hoisin glazed ribs.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 07:16:14 PM »

I really do want to sell my Genesis and get another kettle.   Yesterday while the ribs were cooking, I would have liked more space to whip up an appetizer. 

David

No need to sell the Genesis. Just keep an eye out on Craigslist for a cheap kettle.

Oh, and what's your recipe?
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

vverewolf

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 12:52:17 AM »
Yum they look good. Looks like you foiled then at some stage?

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 03:46:31 AM »
I actually didn't wrap them in foil.   I placed foil on both sides of the racks to prevent direct heat from hitting the ribs and burning the ends.    Here is the recipe for the glaze:

David

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 03:04:32 PM »
Wow that looks succulent. Weber posted the full recipe here, http://www.weber.com/recipes/pork/hoisin-glazed-baby-back-ribs

I gotta try this.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Loonysup

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 03:17:11 PM »

Wow that looks succulent. Weber posted the full recipe here, http://www.weber.com/recipes/pork/hoisin-glazed-baby-back-ribs

I gotta try this.

Oh good.   I don't feel bad posting it then.   I have the Weber cookbook that has this recipe and it opens right to that page every time because I've cooked it so many times.   You would think I would have it memorized by now. 

David

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 03:24:38 PM »
I know what you mean. In a former life I worked for a newspaper, so I'm programed to try to find the original source and link back to them. What it does is let them know people are seeing their content, either to turn those metrics into dollars or into some other kind of support. And hey, who wouldn't want to give weber.com a little love, am I right? Truth is, I got lucky here that they'd posted it but you get my meaning.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch