Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first fruit (Lime Time!)  (Read 4944 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: My first fruit (Lime Time!)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 07:20:07 PM »
That is a great score! Please share more photos when you get the chance.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 05:55:19 AM »
HUGE!  Congrats, she's a beauty.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 06:43:14 AM »
Great pick up.  Really like that color.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 04:37:01 PM »
Sweet grill
Grate pick up
Lime time👍🏻
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 06:45:55 PM »
Congratulations, very nice score.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 02:40:50 PM »
Great score !
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 05:37:13 PM »

Once I get it home and clean it a little I'll post more and better pictures.  These are low res from the seller's basement.

Are you still in the seller's basement?  Do you need help?

We are waiting for more pictures.....     :)

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 06:33:47 AM »
@Winz Ha! No, I have just been busy and have some home improvement going on and haven't had any time to play with it.  I did snap some more pictures in my basement and hope to do some cleanup this weekend.  My apologies for being a terrible photographer.  Gummi, I am not.
@LightningBoldtz , Agent Dad (who is responsible for picking this up, along with Agent Nephew getting some driving practice in) did tell her that it was going to a good home and told her about some of my grills.
@kendoll Thanks mate! Next time you and the missus come to the states you'll have to swing by for dinner cooked on it (assuming I haven't found anything cooler by then) and some beers.

This is all as it came-I haven't even washed it out.

Lid shot

Bowl bottom.  In pretty good shape, two chips about the size of a quarter and a little bubble (not pictured).  Big tabs need to be straightened up a bit. Rivets seem to be in good shape.

Some crazing ( @SixZeroFour , any advice on safely cleaning up crazing much appreciated, and thanks for the PM)

Inside of bowl. Should clean up pretty easily, and only minor rust on the straps and welds.  None of the 1/4 inch of crud some grills acquire.

Ashpan. No warps or bends or anything.

Lid Vent.  Patented, engraved Weber with the rivet in the b.

The shoes.  Modern style Weber wheels.

The only ding on the lid, and a shot of a handle.  Even that ding might be massaged noticeably, because it seems to be more of a rusted crazing than a complete chip with missing porcelain.  For a grill that had a table on it presumably a lot, I can't believe the shape the handles are in.  Not a mark on them.

Based on the age guide and what I've read about the availability of limes, I think this might be able to be traced to 1977 specifically.  That would be awesome for me, since it would make it a birth year kettle for me!

I hope to get some cleaned up and reassembled pics soon.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 07:32:59 AM »
Once again, great find!!

Did you try the CLR and steel wool trick on the rust streaks? I would use the same method on the crazing but scrub directionally along the cracks. It should at least pull most of the rust color out of the cracks making them more difficult to see. 

[emoji106]
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 08:01:57 AM »
Once again, great find!!

Did you try the CLR and steel wool trick on the rust streaks? I would use the same method on the crazing but scrub directionally along the cracks. It should at least pull most of the rust color out of the cracks making them more difficult to see. 

[emoji106]

Not yet (I haven't done anything to it except bring it inside and take pictures) but I will.  Thanks!  I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else to look out for to try to avoid doing so as to not make the crazing worse.  Thanks again!

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 01:58:49 PM »
@Winz Ha! No, I have just been busy and have some home improvement going on and haven't had any time to play with it.  I did snap some more pictures in my basement and hope to do some cleanup this weekend.  My apologies for being a terrible photographer.  Gummi, I am not.
@LightningBoldtz , Agent Dad (who is responsible for picking this up, along with Agent Nephew getting some driving practice in) did tell her that it was going to a good home and told her about some of my grills.
@kendoll Thanks mate! Next time you and the missus come to the states you'll have to swing by for dinner cooked on it (assuming I haven't found anything cooler by then) and some beers.

Mate it looks fantastic. Careful what you offer as I will definitely take you up on it! :)
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 08:23:15 PM »
Congrats, awesome score. Clean and gum it up again.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 11:40:59 PM »
That looks to be in Great Condition.  Congrats.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962