Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Lump Charcoal Database  (Read 1424 times)

Stringplucker1

• Smokey Joe
The Lump Charcoal Database
« on: August 18, 2015, 09:02:04 AM »
This site is worth a long look. It has over 75 different Lump Charcoal reviews. Also ranks them via test results. Lighting, Ash
Volume, Burn Time, Maximum Temp. For the nerd in you, this is about as complete as I've found.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm

Enjoy
C&B Blue Performer

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Re: The Lump Charcoal Database
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:57:35 AM »
Be careful and check the dates one the reviews, many are too old to still be relevant  :(
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 11:15:18 AM »
Yeah plus I question his testing methodology on some thing.

rwhinton

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »
If the reviews were kept up-to-date, the site might be of some value.
Performer /  New Jumbo Joe  /  Mini-WSM  /  WSM

Santo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 02:59:11 PM »
Interesting site, though I too wish the reviews were more up to date.  A note to one of the pics pertaining to Cowboy, the plastic binder found in most bags is part of the seam on the bags.  IMO, it must be leftover from when the bag is sealed as it appears to be of same material.  I've seen that complaint in a few other places, just wanted to add my two Lincolns.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CakeByte

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 05:41:14 AM »
There's a user review section on that site too, which I think is more useful than the "official" reviews: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lumprankpoll.htm

It's not very obvious, but you have to click "Leave a Comment" for a specific type of charcoal on that page to read the user reviews. (And you don't actually have to leave a comment, obviously).

When Ozark Oak went out of business, I looked at that page and saw that it was in 2nd to Rockwood. So, I sought out Rockwood, and I have to agree, it's just slightly better than Ozark Oak was (and I absolutely loved Ozark Oak). So as far as I'm concerned, the rankings are legit :D