Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer Stainless Propane Question  (Read 1122 times)

Hoosier

• Happy Cooker
Performer Stainless Propane Question
« on: June 12, 2015, 05:35:30 AM »
I just bought a green SS Performer on Craigslist. In pretty decent shape, just missing the rack on the bottom and the 5lb propane tank. I have found the tank online, but was wondering if a normal 20lb propane tank would work the same or if the regulators/valves are different.

Also, if anyone would know where to find that bottom rack?

New to all this, so bear with me.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Performer Stainless Propane Question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 06:20:18 AM »
Welcome to the WKC.

Yes a 20lb tank will work with the regulator but depending on the fitting you have, might need to swap it for an "ACME" nut.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Hoosier

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 06:27:29 AM »
Thanks Addicted,I have a few sitting around. Plus the little 5lb tank is about $50

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Performer Stainless Propane Question
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 10:39:54 AM »
@Hoosier I have a rack if you want it , I've also made one out of wood as a replacement , I also want to build one out of expanded metal mesh thought that would look cool . Any way you have options :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »
Mine came with a 2olb tank and a longer hose, i didn't like it sitting on the bottom rack as i move mine in and out of my C-van, so i swapped it for the 5lb tank from a friend and have a new one sitting here to fill when i get a chance.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......