Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill Heat Aid Gloves - 932 degrees!  (Read 2442 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Grill Heat Aid Gloves - 932 degrees!
« on: May 20, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »
I missed out on the Ancient BBQ Silicone gloves because my girlfriend had gotten me a pair of these for Christmas - http://www.amazon.com/Best-Extra-Long-Cuff-Oven-Gloves/dp/B00GEBA52C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432156102&sr=8-1&keywords=grill+heat+aid

I use them all the time with the BBQ, grabbing hot cast iron, grabbing and moving fully lit charcoal baskets or a Vortex, and my hands have never even gotten a hint of being hot. The only negative I could see with these is that they are not hot liquid proof (though they are resistant), and I would try to avoid spilling a pot full of boiling water on your hands with these on.

It's been almost 6 months now and they show no signs of wearing down after a few trips through the washing machine. They provide great grip and aren't do bulky to wear when doing things that require more precise movements. They have 4.8/5 stars on Amazon with almost 500 reviews.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Grill Heat Aid Gloves - 932 degrees!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 04:37:40 PM »
for $35 I'd rather burn my hands

Wow, that was harsh, did I say that out loud? The 900-degree rating is serious stuff however and better than the silicone or Weber cotton gloves I have.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Grill Heat Aid Gloves - 932 degrees!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »
Hey now, I said I liked them at the price of GIFT!

In all reality the price is a little steep, but I do really like them. I don't think I'll be in the market for a new pair for a couple of years.