Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Toasting Rack?  (Read 1427 times)

Grizz

• WKC Brave
Toasting Rack?
« on: April 03, 2015, 08:01:34 AM »
Has anyone tried one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/Tool-Wizard-GRILTOWB-Kettle-Toasting/dp/B00ETD0JT6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428076755&sr=8-1&keywords=kettle+grill+toasting+rack

I'm guessing being cantilevered over the grill like that it couldn't hold a lot of weight before it started to bend?

SixZeroFour

Re: Toasting Rack?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »
Interesting, haven't seen one like that before. It should be fine for toasting buns or sides?
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 08:12:56 AM »
It looks cool. My concern would also be how much weight it could hold. You can guinea pig it for us! 8)

THUNDERDOME

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 08:30:07 AM »
This seems like an idea that's on the right track...

I wonder what else you could fit on that. It'd get pizza-oven hot up there w/ lid on...Hmm

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 08:41:24 AM »
In my opinion it wont work for toasting bread. With it so far from the heat the bread will be rock hard before it gets toasted. I always just throw the bread on after the meat in the hottest part of the grate. But then again im no martha stewart, just a cheap, lazy ol fart
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 08:52:33 AM »
In my opinion it wont work for toasting bread. With it so far from the heat the bread will be rock hard before it gets toasted. I always just throw the bread on after the meat in the hottest part of the grate. But then again im no martha stewart, just a cheap, lazy ol fart

You're way outta head of Martha, Ray.....she doesn't toast....

I don't think she even Barbie-Q's.........

@Hell Fire Grill
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 02:12:40 PM »
Oh, i'll guinea pig it...once all this snow melts and I get a grill.  Not sure it'd hold a pizza unless a stainless steel bolt/nut/washer was added to the front as a support column of sorts...