Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: replacement regulator for ss performer  (Read 4800 times)

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
replacement regulator for ss performer
« on: March 29, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »
So..ive been going some reading here and found thisbhelpful write up

Question... can you reattach an existing hose from a ss performer to this regulator..any special tools needed...

Or is there a link for the hose replacement part?

My regulator looks good but concerned about the metal bracket that sits close tobthe regulator which is rusted...

Would someone share a set of part number and links for a complete regulator and hose solution...pls
Mr. Heater

Propane Low Pressure Regulator
3/8" female pipe thread X restricted flow soft nose P.O.L.

1/2 PSI output
75,000 BTU capacity
model F276136

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-Propane-Pressue-Regulator/dp/B000BQUQEI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361665260&sr=8-1&keywords=mr+heater+propane+low+pressure+regulator+f276136

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-Heater-F276136-N-A-3-8-Female-Pipe-Thread-Propane-Low-Pressure-Regulator-/400417022073?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3ab6e079
Grills

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: replacement regulator for ss performer
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 04:17:14 PM »
Yes, that info from Jeff is correct. That's a regulator that'll work. If you suspect your regulator is bad, get that. Optionally, you can replace the part that screws into the gas tank with an ACME nut: http://www.lowes.com/pd_361433-743-GFA-100_0__?Ntt=acme+nut&UserSearch=acme+nut&productId=50142158&rpp=32

Unless you know your hose is bad, I'd do the above and call it a day. The hose is an old part that has the brass orifice at the end and so, is a unique part. (If it just had a threaded piece on the end we could all be using adapted Genesis hoses, most likely ...).

I don't think Weber ever sold just the hose by itself. This is the schematic for the later (2000-2004) SS Performers but the assembly shown here will work for any SS: http://help.weber.com/schematics/Browse.aspx?model=821020&Sequence=42&Suffix=

Part 42, part# 62642, "QCC1 Hose and regulator assembly, Performer Touch N Go" (also comes with "ACME" nut)

We've talked about this recently; it's a package that hasn't been in a regular production grill for 11 years, so today it ain't cheap.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/hose-and-regulator-assembly-p-1477479.html

Alternatively, you can take your stuff to a propane shop and have them create something for you. That brass fitting with the orifice is the only critical part. The rest, from the hose/regulator etc on back to the tank isn't.

On the other other hand, you could buy a hose/regulator assembly for the 2005-newer Performers for less than $40 but those make baby Jesus cry; they're setup for 1lb disposable tanks.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 04:51:19 PM »
Thanks..you answered part of my question.

So that brass bracket bw the hose  and regulator is part of the hose.

Wouldnt we be able to buy a short propane hose and connect to burner and nr heater regulator?

Is the hose connection to the burner tube unique?

Sorry...im am an infant in the woods with propane architecture.. but this process is offering a head first crash course..
Grills

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 04:53:55 PM »
Also...would we be able to swap the hose from a newer model touch n go and swap out hoses?...or is the new touch n go regilator hoses one piece units hard fixed to the regulators..*banging my head against the wall*...*humor*
Grills

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 06:35:16 PM »
Wouldnt we be able to buy a short propane hose and connect to burner and nr heater regulator?

Might be able to do that, if you can first disconnect the brass fitting from the original hose, the part with the orifice that meets up with the burner tube.

Is the hose connection to the burner tube unique?

Yes it's my belief that it is. Or at least, "not common" in the sense that many grill hoses just have a threaded part on the end. Ours don't. The brass end on our clips into the burner tube.

... is the new touch n go regilator hoses one piece units hard fixed to the regulators

Excellent question. Don't have the answer to that. Never seen that piece in person.

Dunno if you've looked at yours yet, so I don't know if any of this makes sense for you. I wouldn't be concerned about the appearance of the regulator or the bracket. It either works well or it doesn't.

The good news is that the hose is reliable unless damaged. The regulator is cheap and easily swapped out, as is a modern ACME nut for quickly attaching/detaching the tank.

Get a tank connected, even if it's just a borrowed 20lb from someone's gasser and see what happens. Leaks will either be heard by ear, felt by hand or seen by soapy water. Not much mystery there.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 06:59:24 AM »
Thank you for taking the time..your knowledge sharing is extremely helpful
Grills