Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Stuffed Chicken Thighs  (Read 1988 times)

Tatonka3a2

• Happy Cooker
Stuffed Chicken Thighs
« on: December 28, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »
Chicken thighs with the bone removed. For the filling I used some anaheim peppers and horseradish cheese. Secured the thighs with some grilling bands.

Have the large Vortex set up for searing. First had the chicken to the side cooking indirect and then moved over the Vortex for a sear to crisp up the skin. Bag of frozen mixed veggies on the side cooking indirect while searing the chicken.

Moved chicken to the side to finish cooking and added some Coakley's BBQ sauce.

Plated with some veggies and stuffing.

Inside shot of the stuffed chicken. Crispy skin and juicy meat!!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Stuffed Chicken Thighs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 06:57:24 PM »
I am intrigued by the horseradish cheese. Good looking chicken!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Tatonka3a2

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 11:08:33 AM »
I am intrigued by the horseradish cheese. Good looking chicken!

It is really good - have done a couple of stuffed pork chops and pork loins with it.  Found it at Walmart. 

barret

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:32:34 AM »
One of my absolute favorite things to cook are stuffed chicken thighs.  My wife is not a fan of thighs, so I typically pound out a breast half and stuff it.  Chicken and pork is so awesome because of their versatility, and the beauty about stuffing it is that you can stuff it with whatever is in the kitchen or garden at the time, or whatever you desire.  And, since my family can't handle the same amount of spice as I can, I can make theirs modified and more to their taste.

Those thighs look awesome!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 09:16:51 PM »
Everything that Barret said !!!

Great looking little chicken footballs.....w/ horsecheese.....Ummmmmmmmmm!!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 06:56:04 PM »
Did you still have the grilling bands on when you went to high heat over the vortex? How did they hold up?  I have never used them before and was just looking at getting some. I thought the bands were ok to use up to 600F and assumed it definitely gets hotter than that over the vortex.

Tatonka3a2

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 09:30:19 AM »
Did you still have the grilling bands on when you went to high heat over the vortex? How did they hold up?  I have never used them before and was just looking at getting some. I thought the bands were ok to use up to 600F and assumed it definitely gets hotter than that over the vortex.

Yes I did.  They were only on the sear for a few mins and I was rotating them on there.  I expected I might loose one or 2 but they were all fine.