Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need a HUGE favor on my Avocado - Indy agent  (Read 3211 times)

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
Need a HUGE favor on my Avocado - Indy agent
« on: November 12, 2014, 10:53:31 AM »
This is a lot to ask, but thought I'd try.  I recently bought an old Cado from a guy named Dan on the BBQ Brethren site.  Dan is a Pastor and is going through a lot of medical and financial struggles right now.  A friend of his is helping him sell a bunch of his BBQ equipment to raise money to help him through this tough time.  That friend lives in Mooresville, IN, and he has the kettle.

This guy is incredible, taking on the task of handling all of this for Dan.  He was planning on doing a BBQ comp here in GA and was going to bring the grill with him.  But he had to cancel.  I hate to ask him to box and ship my grill, since he's so busy handling all the other stuff.  Plus, he has no experience packing kettles.

So here's my favor to ask: is there anyone here from the Mooresville area that could pick up the grill, pack it and ship it to me?  Of course, I will pay for everything and throw in some extra for the trouble.  If anyone is willing and able, pls PM me.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
Re: Need a HUGE favor on my Avocado - Indy agent
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:22:40 PM »
Uncle JJ I wish I could help you out.

You're right about Wampus (aka Kempis, his real name). He and I both drove to help Dan do a charity cook in Manito IL before Dan had his problems. Both of those guys are truly beautiful souls.

I hope someone comes through for you.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 03:58:31 PM »
@Uncle JJ
@reillyranch

I believe Ed Reilly (reillyranch) is heading through the mid west next week (not too far off the route).  Ping Ed and tell him harris92 sent you.  Maybe your agent can meet Ed along his path. Hope this is of some help.  :)

Ed is from the metro Atlanta area (Canton).

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 04:23:28 PM »
The relay / help thread to get Dan C. his new cooker & supplies is off the hook......

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200109

There's likely going to be some kind of karma spill-over for this transfer too !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 05:48:06 AM »
Thanks, @harris92, I PM'd Ed.

Yeah, @1buckie, that relay is amazing.  I don't know Dan, but he sure has touched a lot of people's lives - The Brethren love him!

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 06:01:45 AM »
@Uncle JJ JJ, I'm down in Louisville, KY.  Not sure what route Ed is taking, but if the grill can make it's way a bit closer to me, I'll box and ship it to you. 

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:44:47 AM »
Thanks a ton, demo!  I'll check with Ed.

(btw, are you are Cards fan or a CATS fan?)

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 02:39:26 PM »
Thanks a ton, demo!  I'll check with Ed.

(btw, are you are Cards fan or a CATS fan?)

You're welcome JJ.   I'm a Card grad and a CATS fan   ;D

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 11:57:48 PM »
I am willing to extend the same offer as demo if you can get it close to me too if that helps..I just wont be in Indiana again for quite some time.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 07:44:15 AM »
If Ed can get it, he's actually coming to my house, if he can get it I can certainly ship it.  Ask Harris, I can safely pack a grill......
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 07:24:43 AM »
Thanks, guys!  Ed is going to try to pick up the grill - I just have to connect with the guy who has it to set up the deal.

I'm not sure if Ed is heading through Louisville or Columbus, so I may take you up on your offer, Brian.  If we do that, I'll order a new handle from you for the Cado, and we can pack it all together.