Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Probably a dumb question about Brian's handles.  (Read 1318 times)

Stu Clary

• WKC Brave
Probably a dumb question about Brian's handles.
« on: October 05, 2014, 12:10:29 PM »
I know they are available in both "finished" and "unfinished".  Does "finished" = stained or darker?; "unfinished" being the more "blonde" look?  Thanks.

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Probably a dumb question about Brian's handles.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 12:25:06 PM »
finished means they're stained and sealed.

unfinished means its bare wood.

@zavod44 will be able to offer more details regarding the stains and colors.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 12:35:26 PM »
He has also made handles from different kinds of wood. Maple and Oak are lighter, whereas Walnut, Koa, and Teak are darker brown.  The unfinished ones aren't sealed as Troy mentioned. You can conceivably stain a lighter wood to be darker if you wanted. It seems like folks have been pretty happy with teak oil, tung oil, or spar varnish to help bring the wood grain out.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
This is all true, if there is something your looking for specifically we can work to get what you want.  Generally I don't kine to stain things.  If you need dark, I'll just use dark wood.  Same for light.  I'm just finishing up some teak for someone who wanted something special.  If anyone needs anything special, please drop me a note and we can work it out....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Stu Clary

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »
Thanks guys!  I have actually bought one handle.  It put the excellent final touch on the grill I cleaned up for my older cousin.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/reclamation-project/msg123684/#msg123684