Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Mastertouch finally home!  (Read 1206 times)

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Red Mastertouch finally home!
« on: August 11, 2014, 05:49:30 AM »
The red Mastertouch that I purchased in Michigan finally made it home through a series of friends helping me out. I purchased it from LightningBoldtz back at the beginning of June. I had a friend from college who lives nearby pick it up. Then another friend that was coming to visit me picked it up from him to bring it to me this past weekend. This is the grill that started my Weberitis and introduced me to the WKC. Thanks Jeff for all your help and cooperation in getting me this grill. I told the story this weekend and everyone thought I was crazy to go through all of that just for a grill. I thought it was completely justified.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: Red Mastertouch finally home!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 06:08:46 AM »
Very nice MT and a cool procurement procedure! A nationwide network of kettle..."heads"?

Some people just don't get it and never will.  ::)

As Jimi H. sang:

"Some people just don't understand (the hell w/ them, God)."  :)
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 06:11:26 AM »
If I recall, you purchased it before you were a member here, right?

Purchase was completely justified, I hope you plan to cook up some nice steaks on that for the Friends who helped you out with that.

And after you used the Master-Touch a while you will be wondering why Weber ever did away with it, (in the states).
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:14:49 AM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 06:16:20 AM »
Correct, I believe I signed up right after I bought it. The friend that picked it up from you was unable to make it this past weekend but the friend that picked it up from him was fed very well. We cooked up some ABT's, beef ribs, lamb chops, corn on the cob and beef tenderloin. Unfortunately I was so busy cooking that I didn't have time to get any pictures. Will just have to do it again...
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 06:17:08 AM »
Great story and nice grill!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 06:44:35 AM »
This was the original post when I purchased the grill so I didn't have it all that long.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/rough-around-the-edges-red-mt/msg105164/

I don't think the grill had been covered in the almost 20 years of existing, YET, even though it was faded it still is a very solid grill.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"