Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill covers  (Read 3593 times)

CurtP

• WKC Brave
Grill covers
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
I just received my warranty replacement 7152 cover from Weber for my Performer.  My original cover was a 7455.  The way they kept describing the 7152 to me was it was going to be a heavy, waterproof canvas.  This thing is really thin and I think the only reason they added velcro attachments is to keep it from blowing away.  It isn't canvas.  A request to Cove Point Covers initially came back positive - Sunbrella material, 10-year warranty, buckles to keep it in place.  All was good until we got to the price - $560 for covers for my OTG and Performer.  Nope.

Any alternatives, or is the best option to just buy a new Weber cover every year?

Anyone recommend against using a cover?  For those that use a cover, do you keep the vents closed or open?

Troy

• Statesman
Re: Grill covers
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:09:17 PM »
i don't use covers.
my dads redhead (J) has been sitting outside since he got it.
Illinois summers, illinois winters.
I think the handles and triangles and wheels are the only things that suffer

wrehfield

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »
I have five 22.5 kettles, including a ss performer, a PBC, two New Braunfels(original) two WSM's and an 18.5, all under cover and all with covers. If they wear out, I'll buy another one. Cheap protection in this climate.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

rivercityjeff

• Smokey Joe
Suggestions for better than Weber covers..?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »
My Weber covers were battered by an El Paso summer.   They are on their last summer before they go where cheap gas grills end up.

Anyone have better luck with Glorious Montana or The Cover Store covers?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:09:02 AM by rivercityjeff »
Yes, yes I am a pork-eating Infidel
Green Performer Platinum  Green Genesis 330
Tan Q2200

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 10:03:22 AM »
I just bought a 7455 and was pretty happy with it. Its not as think as the one on my Summit Gas grill but not razor thin either. Just picked it up at Home Depot for $39 I think.

I always close vents when I cover it.

CurtP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 02:30:40 PM »
Anyone have better luck with Glorious Montana or The Cover Store covers?
The Cover Store Ultima covers look promising.

I just bought a 7455 and was pretty happy with it. Its not as think as the one on my Summit Gas grill but not razor thin either. Just picked it up at Home Depot for $39 I think.

I always close vents when I cover it.
I've checked my local HD, Lowe's and Taylor's DoIt and came up empty.  I meant to check the HD on the other side of town when I was over there yesterday, but it slipped my mind.