Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Scored A 2290 Rotisserie cheap  (Read 3160 times)

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
Scored A 2290 Rotisserie cheap
« on: June 27, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »
I have been wanting a roti for quite a while and about a week ago someone on another
board posted a link to an auction for one on goodwill dotcom, I posted a reply expressing
my interest in it  and then I checked out the auction and put the first bid on it.

I wasn’t sure if it would fit all the kettles I have or not as the listing didn’t specify fitment
or model other than the hand written note taped to it that said “fit’s a weber 22.5 bar b que”
but the listing did say that the rotisserie motor didn’t power up.

I won the auction and went down to Sacramento yesterday to pick it up and brought it home
to meet the rest of the cooking crew and go under the “knife” to try to repair the motor, first
thing I did was test fit it to one of the kettle’s starting with the A code and of course it fit that
one just fine, next up the C&B Performer and low and behold, it fits like it was made for it.

I’m totally stoked that I got myself what appears to be the 2290 model roti and after I opened
the motor housing and plugged it in, the motor made a low growling noise and was trying to
turn so I just gave it a light assist and it took off and runs just fine, the grease was dried out
and gummed up so I will be disassembling it, cleaning and regreasing it with some high
temp white lithium grease, should be good to go for quite a few more years.

It needed a few small parts, hanging end cap & counter weight, to complete the roti bar
so I basically picked up a like new 2290 roti for 31 bucks. The first cook with it will be
a garlic butter lemon pepper chicken because I haven’t had one in a really long time.

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
Re: Scored A 2290 Rotisserie cheap
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:54:38 AM »
Mirkwood
 Nice score.
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »
Thanks Cuda Dan, looking forward to the first cook..
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »
Nice score. You'll love it!
A Wonderful Family!!!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:58 PM »
Nice snag!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »
Thanks fellas can hardly wait to use it..

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 04:25:58 PM »

Good Show,  L !!!!!

I'd like to eventually end up with one of these......seen some real good cookups from folks on them......looking forward to your's !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 06:03:13 PM »
Thanks Buckie, If'n you want to foster it for a spell just say the word and I'll bring it by.

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 08:10:32 PM »
I am certainly looking forward to some roti chicken at the next Norcal get together.  Awesome score L and way to salvage a great Weber accessory!

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 11:31:12 PM »
J, I'll have to see about getting a battery powered roti motor 8) or a really, really long extension cord :o.
Actually I already found a pretty nice battery powered motor that spins a bit faster than the stock weber
which spins close enough to 3 rpm that we might as well call it that.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 05:33:48 PM »
Nice catch! A real steal.

Fwiw, I hardly ever use my counterweight, so I wouldn't work too hard to replace it right away.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers
One of the charcoal people.