Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just Lovin' My New Jumbo Joe  (Read 894 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Just Lovin' My New Jumbo Joe
« on: June 04, 2014, 07:58:58 PM »
Picked this up the other day:

Got a big bag of smoked sausages from a local abitoir that does all kinds of artisan stuff and asparagus is going good in the garden.   Done the sausages and asparagus a few times now and one batch of burnt ends from a brisket cook on the weekend.  The burnt ends were in there for almost 3 hours and keeping clean smoke was not hard at all.  Wow. This little kettle is acting much like my 22's....GREAT I say.  The wife did not provide any grief when I got the Jumbo Joe either....didn't hurt my case in that I paid a third the retail price.  I am up to 5 Webers and 12 cookers overall and she didn't say diddly about my last 2 purchases?  This one and a 22.5 black 3 wheeler I got for $60 - Maybe she has just gotten used to it? 

Sausages cooked off of the coals in the 275f range, white oak on the edge lump giving clean smoke for 45 minutes or so.  One small load of coals with bottom vent closed 80% and top closed 25%.  Temp bounced back within 2 minutes after lifting lid.  Oh yeah...the food was good too:

Dad had one of those early red Genesis's....he loved that thing but one day strayed and got a Vermont Castings big fancy thing.  He gave my brother-in-law that red Weber and told me not a month later that he should have given him the new Vermont Castings one instead.  Seemed the new one took forever to come to heat, was a pain to operate, keep clean and did not toss out quality food quite like that little red Weber could.  At heart Dad was a Weber Man.  Me believes so is his one son.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 08:01:13 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Just Lovin' My New Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 08:10:03 PM »

Great Stories !!!

Good food & Weber cooking thru the generations.....

"Maybe she has just gotten used to it?  "

One can only hope.....the last one, SHE bought for me....... 8)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
Re: Just Lovin' My New Jumbo Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 08:28:29 PM »
Looks Great! I want a JJ!!