Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I know we are all supposed to like wood handles around here  (Read 3946 times)

G$

• WKC Performer
Re: I know we are all supposed to like wood handles around here
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 06:21:56 AM »

I really dislike the new handles with the heat shield. I see as how it is more practical because you can replace the whole thing easier as compared to replacing a handle that was welded on, but it's not asthetically pleasing to the eye. Anyone else with me?

I say it every chance I get.  They are an abomination.

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 08:13:40 AM »
I really dislike the new handles with the heat shield. I see as how it is more practical because you can replace the whole thing easier as compared to replacing a handle that was welded on, but it's not asthetically pleasing to the eye. Anyone else with me?

The fireplace handles will bolt on and take a standard handle

I am confused as to how that has anything to do with what I stated previously?

I think Gummi means that the fireplace handles look like a standard wood handle and bracket except that it bolts on.  You stated that you don't like the aesthetic of the Euro handle.  So lets say you got your hands on a Euro kettle but you hate the look of the shield and rounded bracket.  You could easily order some fireplace handles and replace the ones that came with the Euro kettle.  Boom, new Euro kettle with the look of a "standard" handle.
All that said, yeah, I'm with you on the Euro handle. 
WTB 18 fruit

idahome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 08:34:48 AM »

The fireplace handles will bolt on and take a standard handle

I am confused as to how that has anything to do with what I stated previously?

I think Gummi means that the fireplace handles look like a standard wood handle and bracket except that it bolts on.  You stated that you don't like the aesthetic of the Euro handle.  So lets say you got your hands on a Euro kettle but you hate the look of the shield and rounded bracket.  You could easily order some fireplace handles and replace the ones that came with the Euro kettle.  Boom, new Euro kettle with the look of a "standard" handle.
All that said, yeah, I'm with you on the Euro handle.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, if Weber ever decides to make every single model in the US with those handles like the do the UK models, that would be the only option to make them look "decent." I also dislike the wheels that some models are moving to. Maybe I should stock up on the plastic whitewalls before they become discontinued? Or perhaps those will always stick around.

5280Jeff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 06:55:15 PM »
but these are growing on me

http://store.weber.com/accessories/category/new-products/1533

I like the idea. Wood version ups the cool factor though.