Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Getting Grease Stains Out Of Performer "Plastic" Table?  (Read 4180 times)

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
Getting Grease Stains Out Of Performer "Plastic" Table?
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:05:14 PM »
My workhorse, ugly Brick Red Performer.... Cook on it a lot, and the table gets used for everything patio cooking oriented. Table looks like sh!t from friends cutting meat on it (WTF?) and grease, etc. from whatever...... Anybody have any ideas on getting out grease stains and or "plastic" table restoration or clean up?

Thanks!

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
Re: Getting Grease Stains Out Of Performer "Plastic" Table?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:35:13 PM »
I would be tempted to replace it with wood or countertop material.

But if you're just looking to clean it up real well, try baking soda and a wet rag.

If that doesn't do the trick, I know hydrogen peroxide and oxy clean have been found to turn yellowed plastics white again... Not sure if it would bleach your plastic, though. Here's one writeup I found with helpful comments: http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/17229/miracle-plastic-whitening-formula-i-kid-you-not-long

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

Fishawn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 10:53:49 PM »
Thanks! Sounds like there are a few options to try.... Appreciate it!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 02:30:19 AM »
Mr. clean erasers
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 04:12:47 AM »
If you go the baking soda route, spread it on and then pour some white vinegar on it. The reaction will bubble and "sizzle" and help clean and can be hosed off. Might start with that to remove the cruft before hitting it with a Mr. Clean eraser to get deeper.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 05:12:32 AM »
If you go the baking soda route, spread it on and then pour some white vinegar on it. The reaction will bubble and "sizzle" and help clean and can be hosed off. Might start with that to remove the cruft before hitting it with a Mr. Clean eraser to get deeper.
Hehehe....I'm pretty sure that this is what killed the grass that day.
Wifey was not happy.

Weber recommends dish detergent and I've read where some will remove the table and soak it in warm water/detergent.
For a tub one guy used a Rubbermaid container or a 2x4 frame with plastic liner would work too.
Dish detergent seems to be OK on the grass.

Comet cleanser has bleach in it...you can make a paste with it and let it sit for a while.
Then scrub with it.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 05:14:06 AM »
I was flipping a lot of gassers last summer and cleaning the plastic tables was high on the priority list.  Here's what I found wooked really well.  You'll need a container large enough to soak the table in.  I have a big Rubbermaid tote that works fine.  Fill the container with water (hot is best, but cold garden hose water also worked) and a healthy dose of Dawn dishwashing detergent.  Now, the hard part.  Nothing.  Let it soak overnight.  The following day, use whatever scrubbie you like and it'll clean up like new.  This method hasn't failed me yet.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 05:35:12 AM »
Dawn is one of those products for which I am brand loyal.  In particular, blue dawn really works well.