Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: pbe gummi bear on February 17, 2014, 02:53:12 PM

Title: Scrapyard find
Post by: pbe gummi bear on February 17, 2014, 02:53:12 PM
Another boring day at that scrapyard this weekend...... Until I saw it! It's been catch and released already.  ;D

(https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/p180x540/1653518_10100225243042938_1010290182_n.jpg)

(https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1656302_10100225443301618_542161894_n.jpg)
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: G$ on February 17, 2014, 02:57:55 PM
Sweet!  I've been looking for one of those yellow caution pylons!
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: landgraftj on February 17, 2014, 03:22:18 PM
L I know Dale Benson was looking for some parts of that type of grill...get in contact with him if you got the gasser kettle.
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: pbe gummi bear on February 17, 2014, 03:51:32 PM
Quote from: landgraftj on February 17, 2014, 03:22:18 PM
L I know Dale Benson was looking for some parts of that type of grill...get in contact with him if you got the gasser kettle.

Thanks for the tip Terry, I already passed the kettle on to a WKC'r but I'll let him know. I think he's gonna want to keep it together though.
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: SlickedBack on February 17, 2014, 04:26:11 PM
What's that lime green kettle shaped object? Look at about 2oclock from the obvious black kettle in the back under the racks...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: SlickedBack on February 17, 2014, 04:27:08 PM
Just next to the white and rust scaffolding.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: Craig on February 17, 2014, 05:41:34 PM
Sweet find, Lawrence!
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: pbe gummi bear on February 17, 2014, 06:03:24 PM
Quote from: SlickedBack on February 17, 2014, 04:26:11 PM
What's that lime green kettle shaped object? Look at about 2oclock from the obvious black kettle in the back under the racks...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know but I assure you it's not a kettle. :)
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: SlickedBack on February 17, 2014, 06:25:43 PM
Was bored, saw green, wanted to type something.
Now imagine how many wkc'ers expanded that picture and scanned the photo!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: Duke on February 17, 2014, 06:36:09 PM
Nice save! It's one of the symptoms of Weberitis when everything with a similar shape looks like a kettle. It caught my eye as well. ;)
Title: Re: Scrapyard find
Post by: G on February 17, 2014, 06:38:25 PM
looks like a good place to spend an afternoon....nice find.