Weber Kettle Club Forums

Cooking & Food Talk => Charcoal Grilling & BBQ => Topic started by: wyd on December 02, 2013, 12:12:50 PM

Title: Thanksgiving Turkey and more to come
Post by: wyd on December 02, 2013, 12:12:50 PM
Well here is my Thanksgiving Turkey.  This time is was for the family so I was feeling the pressure but in the end it came out perfect.  Next up will be some duck and pheasant on the kettle next.  It was a little windy and it was only about 25 degrees when I started cooking.  Everything went as planned.  I had big blue and little lime working hard.   ;D  Smoking was flying and the aroma was outstanding.  Love that smell.

(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/wyd10/Mobile%20Uploads/20131128_115626.jpg) (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/wyd10/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20131128_115626.jpg.html)
(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/wyd10/Mobile%20Uploads/20131128_105038.jpg) (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/wyd10/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20131128_105038.jpg.html)
(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/wyd10/Mobile%20Uploads/20131128_102859.jpg) (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/wyd10/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20131128_102859.jpg.html)
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Turkey and more to come
Post by: Aawa on December 02, 2013, 12:26:37 PM
Great looking cook! 

I spy some Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.  I love that charcoal!  I had a bunch of it, but I'm on my last bag and can't buy it locally anymore.
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Turkey and more to come
Post by: Johnpv on December 03, 2013, 04:07:14 AM
Quote from: Aawa on December 02, 2013, 12:26:37 PM
Great looking cook! 

I spy some Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.  I love that charcoal!  I had a bunch of it, but I'm on my last bag and can't buy it locally anymore.

You can order it on their website.
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Turkey and more to come
Post by: Craig on December 03, 2013, 08:16:50 PM
Bird looks pretty tasty to me! Nice job!
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Turkey and more to come
Post by: wyd on December 04, 2013, 05:23:28 AM
Quote from: Aawa on December 02, 2013, 12:26:37 PM
Great looking cook! 

I spy some Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.  I love that charcoal!  I had a bunch of it, but I'm on my last bag and can't buy it locally anymore.
I'm actually coming to Virginia Beach the 3rd and 4th of Jan but since I have 4 others traveling with us in truck and all of our stuff for our hobby (Race Remote Control Cars at Debbies R/C) I can't any bags of the Wicked Good Charcoal or I would hook you up with my dealer and then deliver it for you as we could meet up.  Damn I wish we had more room but R/C stuff when traveling takes up a ton of space. :(
Title: Re: Thanksgiving Turkey and more to come
Post by: Aawa on December 04, 2013, 05:38:26 AM
Quote from: wyd on December 04, 2013, 05:23:28 AM
Quote from: Aawa on December 02, 2013, 12:26:37 PM
Great looking cook! 

I spy some Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.  I love that charcoal!  I had a bunch of it, but I'm on my last bag and can't buy it locally anymore.
I'm actually coming to Virginia Beach the 3rd and 4th of Jan but since I have 4 others traveling with us in truck and all of our stuff for our hobby (Race Remote Control Cars at Debbies R/C) I can't any bags of the Wicked Good Charcoal or I would hook you up with my dealer and then deliver it for you as we could meet up.  Damn I wish we had more room but R/C stuff when traveling takes up a ton of space. :(

It is all good.  Thanks for thinking about doing it.  I have heard that the Kamado Joe brand Lump is on par with Wicked Good Weekend Warrior.  I am going to buy a bag of it soon and give it a try.  I am also going up to Northern VA for several days and pass several dealers.  I'll probably pick up 4-5 bags then.